World Indices Roundup 2021

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by TickerHound, 24th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

377 = Fibonacci number
    123 = Lucas number
    306 = 9 x 34 (Fibonacci number). Have to show 305 days as 306 days falls on a Saturday
    343 = 7 x 7 x 7 (powers are often important)

XJO 450 minute NEoWave chart time relationships 4 March 2021.png

2. kitdoctor

377 = Fibonacci number
    123 = Lucas number
    293 = Often an important number
    343 = 7 x 7 x 7 (powers are often important)

SPX 450 minute NEoWave chart time relationships 5 March 2021.png

VanillaSlice and Foxdan like this.
  3. kitdoctor

I should have said that in relation to the analysis for XJO the diametric I referred to could morph into a symmetrical, a nine wave structure. This would delay the topping process. This is often seen, that is, the market takes on a form/structure/pattern that consumes as much time as it can.

4. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

@dunno any chance of an update on the fear and greed index?

5. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Any further thoughts / opinions on this pending market crash many are expecting? I feel like the market has gotten ahead of its self during this recovery, especially the US. But I cant see the catalyst that will result in a significant down turn from here.
    Other than Chart analytics telling us a drop is imminent, does anyone see real world reasons for a crash? I mean actual stuff that we can for see and not the events that blindside us from time to time and cause crash's.

6. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

If you keep in mind the above you will not have to worry about any charts and any other indicators IMHO.

Cheers,
    Oracle.

chindonly, monk and Big A like this.
  7. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Good point. I wouldn't say I am worrying about any drop. More curious as to how others see things playing out around all the noise of a another crash around the corner. Or is there always noise about another crash around the corner?

8. mtat

mtat Well-Known Member

Yes.

The Falcon, Silverson and Big A like this.
  9. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Solve by:

off_switch.png

Big A and pippen like this.
  10. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

I predict there will be a crash.

That is all, I don't like to limit myself by adding any sort of time limit to my prediction. :)

11. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

An extraordinary display of overconfidence there.

PKFFW and pippen like this.
  12. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

Serious question, has anyone made financial gains from any of the predictions in this thread?

oracle likes this.
  13. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

No, but they made a fortune doing the opposite to the Financial Advisors advice, the tsunami raised all boats, it didnt smash them . On march 3 Fargo started buying same day when FA was saying dont buy yet, it will be along time before shares rise.. FA missed one of the best opportunities in anybodies lifetime. poor Frank was only 30% invested after waiting years on advice , still didnt buy on this low point , missed millions in gains because of being profoundly anchored on price and sentiment. rather than buying very sound high profit companies at bargain prices. A very understandable and common mistake by new investors, But an FA should know better than make the most common mistake people make. https://www.propertychat.com.au/com...ptimistic-covid19-the-catalyst-for-great-thin post 9. and that you will miss the opportunities wasting time on Charts on march 24 Stockmarkets: Technical Analysis - PropertyChat post 4

Mws likes this.
  14. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Not yet mate. But any day now. :p

Just going back and reading over some of the posts from this time last year is very entertaining. I always enjoy going back and reading some of the earlier posts and discussions that I have participated in. It’s thought provoking reflecting on ones earlier posts.
    Some absolute gold posts from the usual members that are just as relevant today as they were when they posted whether a year ago or 5 years ago.

sharon, pippen and monk like this.
  15. TickerHound

TickerHound Well-Known Member

I see this thread as being about the general market environment - not a trading or investing system.

The majority of a stock's gain is directly related to the the general market and the industry group it belongs to. That's why its important to be in tune with the general market, and what is playing out underneath the surface.

There are typically 1 to 3 windows of opportunity per year where the market will make a tradable rally.

Last edited: 18th Mar, 2021
  16. rocean

rocean Member

~ 9 months approx

17. TickerHound

The NASDAQ has tried to rally but has found resistance and closed below the 50 DMA. During this attempted rally, there have not been many stocks with great fundamentals setting up in proper bases and breakouts haven't been working. This is a clue the rally in the Nasdaq lacks strength and more time may be needed for the bases to emerge. However, things can change very quickly.

The Dow Jones has now been the leading index, with money rotating into re-opening plays like oil, hotels, airlines and the like. BA, F and GM are leading.

2020 growth leaders like ZM and TSLA are now below their 50 DMA and/or 200 DMA. Notice how TSLA led the decline in the market. Leaders lead the market up and down.

It is likely that the next rally will be led by a new crop of leaders rather than those of 2020. Watching stocks showing strength during a correction is a good way to identify the next batch of potential leaders. Stocks to watch include W, TWTR, APPS, NARI and DKNG.

It is often what is happening underneath the surface of the index which is most informative, rather than solely focusing on the price action of the index.

upload_2021-3-19_12-51-20.png

ALT likes this.
  18. TickerHound

The Nasdaq is now back above its 50 DMA and 21 EMA.

Underneath the surface, the market has been choppy and difficult with many breakouts failing out of poor bases. Semiconductors have been the leading industry (i.e. AMAT), as well as old world stocks like oil.

Potential future leaders are starting to create the right side of their bases. Earnings season is approaching. Stocks to watch include SQ, PINS, SNAP, TWTR, RBLX, SLQT, UPST, W, WSM and APPS.

The bull market is now right on 12 months old.

upload_2021-4-10_10-2-18.png

monk likes this.
  19. TickerHound

monk likes this.
  20. TickerHound

BTC breaks the 50 DMA average, first time since Sept 2020.

upload_2021-4-18_15-4-23.png