World Indices Roundup 2019

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by keroppi, 6th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

Not advice, but now would be the time to DCA a large sum in my opinion. That said, if one is accumulating regularly then continue on, nothing to see here.

Redwing, sharon, Big A and 1 other person like this.
  2. monk

monk Well-Known Member

So true what you say willair & also Greedo & Big Al. On this site most discussions are from like-minded people regarding income investing etc. Not so 'out there' where I'd still be lost in the wilderness of investing, if not for the input & constant learning here. Another great thing for me has been to pass on what I've learnt here & directions to blogs from some on here (you know who you are) & I know this has been great for them to continue their learning or at least to ponder. Do stay nodrog,SK & others, there is no other site or educational info I've come across to rival your output apart from snowball of course, but then I found his site from here also.

sharon, Burgs, ChrisP73 and 4 others like this.
  3. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

@Nodrog i sent you an email. Can you please check if you received? Maybe in your junk mails folder?

Thank you,

Anne

4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

In that case, based on the non-advice, I'm doing nothing. I assume there is some angst today associated with the share market/economy. Don't tell me. Let it be a surprise.

sharon and pippen like this.
  5. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

Please don't do that. You would be a massive loss.

sharon, APINDEX, VanillaSlice and 4 others like this.
  6. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

Whatever you decide @Nodrog, your posting has and will always be a huge component of the value of this forum.

sharon, Imadaffodil, Greedo and 2 others like this.
  7. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

About time world share markets finally start to price in what is actually happening out there... They've been Whiley coyote running in the air off that cliff for too many months now.

There's going to be a fair bit more to go imo before things are priced in more fairly...

sharon and Phar Lap like this.
  8. Alex Straker

Alex Straker Financial Life Coach Business Member

YEP!

Also just my 2 cents re the banter here......I don't mind @Nodrog 's unique style of commentary one little bit. Not worth taking all this stuff too seriously and the guy definitely brings the fun back in to it. IMO it's great to have a friendly ''Godfather'' figure around to keeping everyone laughing and therefore sane :) He also happens to have a very wise head. I kinda like the way people are interacting here, dare I say it there may be something useful for everyone emerging but best of all for me are a friendly crowd and open minds.

@willair re:book sure buddy will let you know when it's all happening, aim is Dec :) Just so you know what you are in for.....the maths in there is quite 'heavy' and the way some of the natural world scientific facts and concepts are involved some would say are a little 'spooky' ;)

sharon, Snowball, monk and 1 other person like this.
  9. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Thanks for the update Alex,the maths maybe but the spooky unknow unknows is what makes it more interesting
    as some books in my collection I have read over 50 times and still don't understand what the message is..

10. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

@Nodrog please dont go away because of one silly comment.

Your experience and humour are invaluable. You could write a book well worth reading!
    "Scally Wags guide to Investing safely". by Nodrog

gman65, Big A, APINDEX and 3 others like this.
  11. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

36AC6B54-690B-4354-A2E6-4F60F8931342.png

Trumps calling for cuts and stimulus. Are we about to see a rally?

Silverson likes this.
  12. Alex Straker

Forgive me if @kitdoctor already posted this info on using Fibonacci counts to find turning points, I know he has been posting some fantastic info on this area lately.....

Wanted to mention that a handy extension to using Fibonacci counts is to include Lucas number series (Google it) and some other golden mean based sacred ratio numbers such as 38.2, 61.8, 138.2 and 161.8 plus natural squares such as 16, 25, 36 etc. Others also work but these are more than enough to find the cycle rhythms. Longer term counts are the most relevant, too many short term ones can become a little cluttered and meaningless.

One of the strategic elements of doing this is to always looks for a solid key number on the count from the main low to high (or vice versa) as this is a must to end each trend leg. Fibonacci are the most powerful then Lucas and other sacred ratios also work and show up uncannily often. Also look for ''like to like'' counts on the smaller ones so if you are trying to pin down a top then look for other tops to measure from, these give better and more stable rhythmic elements to any timing ''hit'' clusters uncovered.

Also a heads up that a very important Fibonacci/Lucas bar count has occurred on XJO Monthly chart. This natural rhythm of the market is amazing when you go hunting for the clues it can give extremely accurate timing hints as has just happened with XJO.

The monthly top we are seeing formed at present has come out at approximately 139 bars from the GFC top (Fibonacci key ratio 138.2%) and 123 bars from the GFC low (Lucas number series 123). There are also other key number relationships involved in the cycles 11, 18, 34, 49 (See chart).

XJO
    upload_2019-8-21_16-57-52.png

No advice

Last edited: 21st Aug, 2019
    kitdoctor and Brumbie like this.
  13. Alex Straker

@Barny Apologies just found this one :)

If patterns hold, simplest answer is in this chart (posted a while back). upload_2019-8-23_10-39-22.png

The more significant lows are expected around late November 2019 and April 2020, so by June 2020 potentially a couple of months of recovery, as always these are a guideline only and for education. First Bearish zone has been effective, another bigger one ahead soon (fingers crossed @Nodrog, get that surfboard waxed up bro).

There will be some more specific info I can post as price action develops. Hopefully we bring home a nice size buffalo for the tribe to feed off :)

No advice.

mdk, Foxdan, Froxy and 5 others like this.
  14. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Yep I reckon @Barny will be pleased:

CE9F9FC8-69AE-4D4D-9073-DD05A219CC94.jpeg

Big A, sharon, Greedo and 3 others like this.
  15. VanillaSlice

VanillaSlice Well-Known Member

thank you Alex for sharing :) great info!

16. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Everytime you post I crave a vanilla slice.

ChrisP73, Froxy, Ouga and 2 others like this.
  17. VanillaSlice

VanillaSlice Well-Known Member

Sorrento in Victoria has the best vanilla slices around :)
    Super tasty guaranteed

Barny likes this.
  18. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

I'll give it try, thanks. So far the best I've ever had is bourkies bake house in Woodend. Soooooo good

19. Brumbie

Brumbie Well-Known Member

Cut it out, you two. I am trying to diet and exercise, so I can enjoy the rest of my life and fortune. Vanilla slice french style is the bomb. You are not helping here.

Barny likes this.
  20. nofriends

nofriends Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.