Technology & Social Media Working from home - tech support

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Simon Hampel, 15th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

With many people choosing or being forced to work from home there will be some people who have little experience with this and perhaps are not technologically prepared.

I figured that those of us with knowledge and experience in this area can offer support and guidance to try and help where we can.

So if you are having difficulties or just have questions of a technical nature - please post them here and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

The Falcon likes this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Here is one tip - if you are in need of a 2nd screen but don't want a big and bulky external screen, try a USB monitor.

I have one of these:

[​IMG]

Buy ASUS ZenScreen MB16AC 15.6inch Full HD Portable USB IPS Monitor | Monitors | Scorptec Computers

15.6" USB type-C monitor, it plugs directly in to my laptop so I can either mirror or extend my screen and does not require a power cord - it takes power from the USB port. Really easy to set up and use, and it's portable too - folds flat to about the same size and weight as a 15.6" ultra-light laptop (less than 1kg).

Note that it can work on USB Type-A, but requires some drivers to work - so if you don't have USB-C connections on your laptop, do some research first to check that it will work.

3. Curious2019

Curious2019 Well-Known Member

Great idea for this post @Simon Hampel - I just set up my home office recently for my business (not due to corona virus) and found that the new server I got installed is wayyyy to loud (due to the fans) to have in the general office area (it’s very distracting) and we are moving it into a different room in the house. We also had to upgrade our internet to be able to handle multiple computers and users. Hopefully Coronavirus doesn’t impact internet providers..!

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Make sure that you have downloaded the latest patches for any virus on your computers. Your boss won't be happy if you tell them that you can't work from home due to a virus. :rolleyes:

Perthguy and Curious2019 like this.