Working from home: Do you like it?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by spludgey, 28th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

So now you drive a Corona! ..... I used to have a ST141 CS-X

The Y-man

[​IMG]

Sackie likes this.
  2. charttv

charttv Well-Known Member

I have spent several years working from home as a private trader and found it alienating. I am doing it at the moment and continue to find it isolating. Upside is that I am generally more productive due to fewer distractions

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Actually it is less isolated for me now than before covid - the Mrs is now working at home......

The Y-man

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Are you trading atm?

5. charttv

charttv Well-Known Member

No. I gave up trading many years ago. Though i am watching events with keen interest. I will probably start buying direct stocks in a couple of months/years when we've had a 50%+ retracement and the fundamentals stack up/bias is to the upside. If i were a trader i would be selling in rallies, they are bull traps.

Sackie likes this.
  6. Leeroy93

Leeroy93 Well-Known Member

I think you're right about the bias being towards the downside until we stop being surprised about the bad news stories in the media.

7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

EN710, spludgey and Perp like this.
  8. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I completely agree. If I can work without going into the office for four months (okay, I did go in once to pack up things), why would I have to go in five days per week every week?

wylie likes this.
  9. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I am based in Yatala which is 45K's each way and the site is open 7am till 4:30pm. Outside of these hours I can't be there.

I report to someone in Sydney (I am in QLD) and the rest of the team are in VIC and SA.

There is absolutely no need for me to be in the office as I don't work with anyone there.

I have worked from home since Feb and to be honest I get more done. I start earlier and finish a bit later as I don't have 2 hours driving a day. I am way more productive and the project I am working on is at an international level so being able to do zoom meetings at out of hours times is awesome.

I will continue working from home until the project finishes next March, I am pretty sure after this there will be no need to go back to the site.

Just had my annual review, probably one of the best I have had so they recognize my productivity is still there :).

Gockie, EN710 and wylie like this.
  10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Our son's partner is still working from home, but our son has gone back into the office. He had an extra month at home due to an immune compromised health situation.

He said he is usually the highest earner, so they know he is working. It's crazy that he can't continue to work from home. He also gets more done due because instead of taking half an hour to walk up the hill and get on a bus to the city, he just walks to his home office.

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I already wfh, so no changes there ... hubby work set him up with computer and remote access but only 2 days so far and he's busting for it