Work Life Out of Balance

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Angel, 29th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

willair likes this.
  2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

From experience, I know this certainly applies to small business owners (especially if their assets are on the line).

When I was in business, I had two guiding principles, namely:

1. Know how to get on the train and how to get off.

2. If one is working 80 hour/weeks, give oneself half the timeframe to be successful.

Propagate and willair like this.
  3. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

4. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

25 years ago my software business was going nowhere and I was deep in debt, working all hours. A friend said to me "You need to take time out from working but if you decide to do so, there will probably always be a reason why this week you can't do so. You need to commit to something which gives you no option but to walk away from work for a few hours come what may." It was some of the best advice I've ever been given. Without stopping to think, I signed up for a PT degree (two evenings a week) at a local college. When I now look at my coursework (I kept it), I just don't know how I managed to do it, but I do know that the forced change of gear was good for my sanity and did my business no harm.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia