WordPress

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by albanga, 27th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The_Billy

The_Billy Well-Known Member

Can anybody recommend a custom web developer. I am in the process of creating a web page brief and I'm after something quite specific that I cannot get from the cookie cutter platforms like Word Press, Square Space. Likewise If I go on websites like Fiverr to find a web developer they are all focused on the 3rd party platforms. Also, how much would a custom web page start at in build cost?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Would be curious to know what the website will do that can't be achieved with WordPress... perhaps it is more of a web app rather than a website that you are aiming for?

Cost (assuming some level of complexity beyond a basic website) could be anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 or more depending on what exactly you are looking for, how accurate and detailed your brief is, where you source the web developers (locally vs overseas), etc.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Like Simon said, plagiarise take inspiration from other sites you like and in the same industry which fit the basic layout of a site like you are trying to build.

I find it easiest to use the templates, but not necessarily starting with the full page template, instead adding each template block piece by piece e.g. Header -> Hero -> Features, etc. Once I have all that together I then go through and style the colours / fonts, etc (as they might not all match based on the blocks you used).

alicudi likes this.