NSW Woongarrah - central Coast

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Big Maan, 30th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Maan

Big Maan Active Member

Hi all,

Looking at this area a bit closer now as an investment property. Sydney is getting too far away and for the money I can get a quality 4x2x2 with decent rent... Looks to have good schools and infrastructure and decent planning.

Any thoughts on the stage of the cycle I would be buying in at moment ? I know HTW have central coast at top near peak but I am hoping I can get in and get a further 18 months run before it stagnates....

Love to hear from people who have purchased up there or have decided not to etc...

Kind Regards

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

IMO, Central Coast is in a rising market. HTW have Sydney in a rising market, which I agree with, as we are buying every week there. Central Coast historically lags Sydney by 9-12 months, so even if Sydney stopped dead in its tracks today (no sign of this so far), it would be 2018 before you saw a slow-down on the CC. Last peak in Sydney was 2003 followed by peak in CC in 2004.

3. Big Maan

Big Maan Active Member

Thank you Alan,

I like the area, schools and potential. Just need to determine whether i target the single storey 4x2x2 or double storey for the rental market . I need to have it rented for at least 5-10 years so need to get that part right.

Thoughts ? Appears that large majority are the bigger 2 storey homes.....

Kind regards

4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Go for a 4, 2, 2 mate. Double or single storey doesn't matter.