Wood fired pizza oven

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Sackie, 14th Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Ahhh I see what you mean ...it's an actual stone... never seen those before..do you have to use it on a weber? Could you buy the stone and use it on another BBQ?

2. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

You could possibly try it on your existing BBQ. I have only used it with a Weber. I think the shape of a Weber resembles an oven (with hollowed base) plus heat output is similar. Weber is the Tesla of BBQs, completely unparalleled!

Sackie likes this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Now the truth comes out - you desire the ability to say "My oven is bigger than yours" :cool:

The Y-man

4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Sackie likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah I see now there's no weber 6 burners etc..only the dome shape...

Besides weber, what 6 burner would you recommend for a custom cabinetry outdoor kitchen? Which brand is second best? Beefeater? Zeigler and Brown?
    Thanks

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'll settle for hotter:p

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Yes you can. Weber BBQs use heat very efficiently. I have tried other brands and just went back to weber.

Sackie likes this.
  8. Paul@PAS

Weber Summit series is the top of line range of hooded conventional LPG / Natural Gas BBQs. 6 burners plus... And they get smaller from there. Domed shape is a kettle BBQ. A very different product.
    Summit® Series | Premium Gas Range | Weber BBQ

Weber also sell a custom cabinet solution for their range. Link to the customisation app here
    Weber Outdoor Kitchens
    Nothing they sell is cheap. But its always good (except the igrill and igrill 2 temperature probe system)

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

We have a couple of different stones (round ones & rectangular). They work fine in any BBQ but need to be brought up to temp to cook the base quickly.

I know that you're the last of the big spenders ;), so this may fall into your budget - Linky

10. Paul@PAS

Tip - When its hot DONT TOUCH IT. Need a hooded BBQ for any stone. Wr often mix up bread mix in machine and stop it at the cook and throw it on a hot stone..Semolina on base of pizza or bread will stop sticking. Dont use oil on stone

11. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

We have a local chef that lost his job during COVID and started making the most amazing pizzas (and other catering) at local events, bowls clubs etc.

Portable, wood fired, and the best pizzas I have every tasted, despite not having a lot of topping.
    Grown the business and now has a food truck etc.

With a bit of digging, and watching some vids from his FB site, found the one he uses.

Only $1k! I'm going to buy one now, as there are many other things you can use it for, including smoking.

NEW: Piccolo with rotating floor ! - My Wood Fired Oven (my-woodfiredoven.com.au)

Paul@PAS and Sackie like this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

13. Paul@PAS

14. D&J

D&J Well-Known Member

Imo the process is part of the experience. It's such a fun interactive cooking experience.

Dough really isn't that difficult, I probably need an 45 min at most to prep the dough, 30min ~24hrs before, and then 15min the morning of cooking.

I love experimenting with dough prep/ratios, toppings, mixing it up for the family and guests.

Then sitting around the fire, cooking with family and friends is such an amazing experience. Always give guests takeaway pizzas as well.

A pizza stone in a BBQ doesn't come close. Ive got a Kamado and tried pizzas once before i realised i still needed to get a proper wood fired oven.

I simply love it.

The biggest consideration though is getting the right oven type for your cooking style. There's big differences between steel, pre cast and brick. If you want to be up and running and cooking within 30min, steel is the way to go, rather than full brick which is the full hog.

15. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

D99649C9-F1D9-4F92-96A7-B6F35802A506.jpeg

We brought one off Gumtree as a kit and added our own tiles etc to the front.
    Really enjoy the whole process of “the cook” and you can’t beat a freshly made wood fired pizza..