Women twice as likely as men to invest in property

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Babesoft, 6th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Are there? How can you tell?

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of female investors here, maybe not double but still a strong representation

3. Babesoft

Babesoft Well-Known Member

Yep and in hindsight, my personal circumstances arent necessarily reflective of the general public as I've later highlighted.

The title is taken from the article, I used it for no reason other than pure laziness on my behalf to create another title. But clearly the journalist who wrote the article has done a good job in selecting an eye catching headline given the interest in this post

Last edited: 19th Apr, 2018
  4. Babesoft

Lol, I was wondering what the gender representation is on this forum.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I thought this was property tinder. :rolleyes:

Gypsyblood and Babesoft like this.
  6. Babesoft

Putting aside whether women vs men are more likely to invest in property, the results of the survey is incredibly positive if taken from the perspective that those who have traditionally been worse off are now seen to be pro-active about their financial future

Its good for the society as a whole if more people are financially independent, just so happens property is one of the ways to achieve it

Gypsyblood and Xenia like this.
  7. turk

turk Well-Known Member

I think you're confused

Women twice as likely as men to consider investing: Westpac

Women twice as likely as men to invest in property: Babesoft

Codie and CowPat like this.
  8. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

This forum is skewed with men who feel victimised by women (we are stealing their manhood lol) - this puts women off and is therefore not an accurate indication of the actual investor marketplace.

The women that are on here are making money and we ignore the damaged boys. Don’t even bother with it babesoft - seriously not worth your headspace.

Kassy, Teddy and Joynz like this.
  9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

You can't really equate forum activity with investment activity. Forum activity is more a matter of who is more vocal / comfortable discussing stuff online.

I've met plenty of women who have been long time members of the forum, but almost never post. Some are more than happy to ask questions and have discussions face-to-face at a meetup though, while others simply prefer to observe and learn passively without getting involved.

It's neither good nor bad - it's just an observation.

The women who are most active on the forums are generally those with stronger personalities who are happy to engage in the discussion or more comfortable arguing a point. Doesn't mean there aren't plenty more behind the scenes who are passively involved.

Gypsyblood, Teddy and D.T. like this.
  10. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

More accurately, I'd say "The indignant responses from men in this thread is skewed with men who feel victimised by women ..." - the few responses here are not representative of the wider views of the forum in my experience.

Personally I don't get why some men feel the need to do that and it saddens me - why do people feel the need to bring others down?

I think a more appropriate response to the article from men is something along the lines of "huh, that's interesting", and move on, rather than "how dare they!" :rolleyes:

But either way, rather than seeing people get banned for their ignorant (or idiotic) points of view, I'm going to close this thread for now - because I won't have time today to keep it from getting out of control.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.