Woke Movement/Culture

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MTR, 19th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think the Lady in question is now running a aged care centre in Italy..

datto likes this.
  2. random

random Well-Known Member

Ahh, movements scovements
    lf they really wanna do something in this country get serious about our wildlife extinction rate, one of the worst in the world encase anyone giveaa a , and so is their habitat destruction.
    They could also wake up with our idiot governments and get this damn country onto recycling green energy and sustainability . l know the kids are but no one takes them serious , least of all the government.

Last edited: 20th Jul, 2020
    Patrico1966 and Lizzie like this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Yikes. Don't order any salad!

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Are you aware what is taught in school these days? All states now follow the same curriculum and assessment. Last year I found myself on the Environmental Committee at the school where I work (I previously had no idea it existed), my official role (for 40 minutes a week) is something about communicating with the community and driving change. We were in the process of teaching the staff to compost their kitchen waste when this covid stuff hit and no-one is touching organic matter any more. This semester I find myself in a year 12 Environmental Sciences class. Scanning the contents page of the text book last week, it is actually right up in my level of woke consciousness - the curriculum is nothing like when I studied Earth Sciences in the late 1970s. Plate tectonics, earthquakes, rocks and volcanoes are still there, but also how to build sustainable housing and towns, pollution and how to reduce it, cleaning up the oceans and waterways, habitat, alternative energy etc etc.

Lizzie, Perp, Gockie and 2 others like this.
  5. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Facebook should censor Trump anywhere where it would censor other people. Plus it should fact check all his many lies.
    Free speech might sound appealing, but once you condone hate speech, you also find yourself on a slippery slope.

Lizzie and Perp like this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Don't go back for seconds..

7. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I am disinclined to invest the time and energy required to keep a thread like this from going off the rails, so I am closing it.

MTR, spludgey, wylie and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.