Travel & Holidays Winter escapes with pets

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by ellejay, 1st Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Just looking at booking.com for 2 months or more accommodation over the winter with our dog. Thought we'd have to buy a cheap unit and suck up the body corp fees to be able to take our dog but looking and can't believe all the nice resort rental accommodation that accepts pets! Looking at $5-10k for a couple of months out of the cold, gorgeous resorts and beaches and we can take our pooch :)

Looking at coastal north nz or port douglas/ cairns if we're in oz. Booking this for next winter it's too good to ignore :D

WattleIdo, EN710 and Lemmy a fiver like this.
  2. Lemmy a fiver

Lemmy a fiver Well-Known Member

My two miniature Dachshunds will be very jealous @ellejay . They performed their quickest early morning toilet break ever today when let out.
    This morning was the coldest I've ever had here. Water in the Bird baths was frozen solid. Lawns were frosted white. Temp was still -4 deg after 9am. 20170701_094928.jpg

WattleIdo and ellejay like this.
  3. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

With a van or motor home your not restricted to one sunny place, can see/experience many areas, also many pet friendly parks.

WattleIdo likes this.
  4. ellejay

We did consider this but most holiday parks look too busy to me these days. Vans jammed in like sardines. I don't live on an estate so why holiday on one? Expensive nightly fees after you forked out big time for your van and paid for fuel. Just my opinion but I can book an itinerary of accommodation stops at lovely hotel/motels from 1 night to 30 nights per venue.

Last edited: 1st Jul, 2017
  5. ellejay

Ha ha, where are you? Poor pooches having to use an outside loo in winter :oops:The tenants in our house where we now live emailed a couple of winters ago to say, very politely the temp is -19 and the toilet is frozen :eek:

Sackie likes this.
  6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

:eek:

ellejay likes this.
  7. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Sunny coast :)

Check out Airbnb. My wife has a listing in Peregian that's dog friendly (I think it's all booked up though) and it would be close to your budget. Walking distance to beach. Currently around 20+ degrees :)

Cheers

Jamie

ellejay likes this.
  8. ellejay

Fantastic thanks. I'm planning for next winter so I'll be first in the best pet friendly spots. I guess you must be loving it up there :)

Jamie Moore likes this.