NSW Winston Hills / Baulkham hills

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ToonyBoy, 25th Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Good advice, I'm in the process of extracting equity out of my portfolio now rather than doing it later. I love the Hills area and been in the area for the last 10 years but seriously, some of the sold prices were almost comparable to some parts of the Northern Beaches.

frankjeager and sash like this.
  2. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Just want to ask, can we do knock down rebuild in any property that we buy in BH or do we have to see some sort of site specification or consider something specific? Just simply for residential purposes single dwelling (no duplex or granny)

3. ParraEels

ParraEels Well-Known Member

Any site is fine, just check for sewer easement or any other easement which may restrict larger building envelope.

Slop to the street is ideal otherwise stormwater easement is needed and it could be expensive and time consuming process.

ashftc likes this.
  4. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Thank you @ParraEels

5. MrsNixba

MrsNixba Well-Known Member

Consider also any issues with what you are demolishing eg asbestos if its an older fibro home (vs say a brick home), tree removal and so on. Costs on demo and clean up can easily add $100-150k to your total cost. Also check out neighbouring properties - a lot of homes in BH got away with building really close to the boundary so ensure side and rear neighbours aren't built right on top of your boundary peering in / consider privacy if your KDR will become a PPOR.

chaos and ashftc like this.
  6. aving1001

aving1001 Well-Known Member

7. ParraEels

School catchment is WH and price reflection of current market condition.

Auction guide was $ 1.3m, for sale $ 1.38 to $ 1.45m and reduce to $ 1.35m - $ 1.4m.

I think it has been on market for 60+ days, if not sold quickly, it will go below $ 1.3m. Similar to 7 Pertina cres now at $ 1.29m after few price reductions and flop auction...

Anyone inspect 61 Luculia cres, some renovations nedded, auction after next RBA meeting so auction will be flop,

https://www.domain.com.au/61-luculi...tm_source=Android app&utm_medium=sharelisting

8. frankjeager

frankjeager Well-Known Member

agree, anything but the most desirable properties will have a hard time during this rate rise environment. cant blame buyers, a lot more uncertainty at the moment than there has been for a little while.

9. ToonyBoy

ToonyBoy Well-Known Member

Looks like market in these suburbs so quite for couple of weeks as not many new properties are coming into market.

will this be a bad sign for buyers ?

10. ParraEels

Not many properties are selling in last few weeks too. Days on market is increasing and some agents trying to offload property off market but no luck there. I think listing will go higher as many still want to book profit and burnt investors want to exit

ToonyBoy likes this.
  11. ToonyBoy

I've been following Tom Panos since Jan 2022 and his predictions were always right. I trust him as he is in the field and he knows ground level information.

He is predicting that more properties will come to the market in Sep and prices will go down further.

look at 2:30 min

chaos and ParraEels like this.
  12. chaos

chaos Active Member

Tom's a good lad. I've been following his inner west auctions, quite pleasant to watch (kill time while doing other work).

13. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Well-Known Member

surely we are beyond predictions now?

its guaranteed to fall, and continue to fall.

The basic maths of the housing market does not stack up with stagnation, let along increases. Unless your property is unique, its not gonna rise on value for years.

14. TheBigDawg

@ParraEels what was the damage this weekend?

Literally everything in Baulkham Hills & Castle Hill was withdrawn from Auction? probably a bit due to the weather i assume

chaos, ParraEels and ToonyBoy like this.
  15. ToonyBoy

ParraEels likes this.
  16. TheBigDawg

vendor would be very happy with that id imagine. Very surprising at 2 million.

Its a big modernish house, though the land is small. House also takes up majority of the land. Not in the best part of BH either.

Think vendor would be stoked.

ToonyBoy likes this.
  17. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

This entire weekend was a rightoff.

I dont think a single person would have attended anything - the weather was horrendous and quite dangerous to drive about in some areas.

18. theweirddude

theweirddude Active Member

I thought it was reasonably good parts of BH. What do you reckon are the best parts of Baulkham hills ? I'm just curious as to see what everyones opinions are of good and not so good pockets.
    I agree 2M, the vendor must be over the moon.

19. TheBigDawg

To me the good parts of BH are the parts that border on Castle Hill, I suppose everything CH side of Windsor Road, the other side of BH being the Seven Hills side is a lot less desirable.

My take on it at least.

theweirddude likes this.
  20. ParraEels

61 Luculia ave, auction next week. Guide $ 1.2m, 50+ group visited in past few weeks.

20220625_112527.jpg 20220625_112453.jpg 20220625_112451.jpg 20220625_112432.jpg 20220625_112420.jpg 20220625_112430.jpg 20220625_112339.jpg 20220625_112349.jpg 20220625_112338.jpg 20220625_112335.jpg