NSW Winston Hills / Baulkham hills

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ToonyBoy, 25th Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ParraEels

ParraEels Well-Known Member

100% , could have achieved 70-80k lower, similar to 31 Tamboura, stay on the market for long and price decay 30-40k per month

2. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Why is Baulkham Hills falling so hard and so fast? Much harder and faster than other suburbs which aren’t close as good as BH.

3. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

Thats not cheap for a 3 bedder of that quality. Very strong price.

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Demographic buying spooked.

Same happening in Castle Hill...Cherrybrook ..Kellyville.

Expect up to 30% falls..... But Alice in wonderland falls will be places like box hill ..Marsden park...even Schofield's...you may see 40%.

Arthurark likes this.
  5. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Really? That bad? I’m from a generation who haven’t seen property going down so it will be very interesting for me. Kicking myself for not jumping for upgrade in 2020 so patiently waiting to enter at the right time. I live in Marsden Park btw in a town house.

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

All depends what you bought it for. If you are one who picked up a 500sqm block for 575k ...paid 25k stamps legals/legals and built a 32 sq 4x2x2 fully complete for say 575k and paid 25k interest.

Then house owes you $1.2m. It was probably worth 1.7m at peak so even if it drops 25% you are good.

Good to see if feel that the market can come off others are playing ostrich and sticking their head in the sand.

7. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Well, I am not that one. I bought a small townhouse 3BR for $600k on 200sqm land. That’s all I could afford in 2016 when I bought. I only arrived Australia 6 months before my purchase and was 25 years back then with no financial support. Just wanted to enter the market. Glad I did. Yup big land and house would have paid better but lack of direction, research and funds

8. Rooster6

Rooster6 Well-Known Member

ParraEels likes this.
  9. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter how much it drops anyway. All the jokers on here waiting to buy the "dip" wont buy during the dip. LOL

Seen it once, seen it twice, seen it three times - never changes. Once a fence sitter always a fence sitter.

The best time to buy was when you first thought about buying 10+, 20+ years ago.

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

At that price ya got nutin to worry about.... simply keep paying it down...your mortgage is probably low. Just keep cash handy incase your job situation changes.

Look to get in around mid to late next year... plenty of places will be around $1m for houses in places like Marsden Park. Happened during 2017-2019 also....

You could probably keep the t/H also...just pull as much equity out... depends on your income....

ashftc likes this.
  11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yes mate..... he is getting offers from the Chinese Ministry of Information.... ;)

The drops is getting stronger and stronger.... @ParraEels data is spot on. No amount of spin can counter that... before it was hard.. but now there is data to back it up.

12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Patience grasshopper do not believe "empty vessels" as the Wozzer (aka Warren Buffet) says " Time transfers money from the impatient to the patient".;)

Last edited: 22nd Jun, 2022
    ParraEels and ashftc like this.
  13. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Thanks Sash

ParraEels and sash like this.
  14. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Exactly my plan. Equity already withdrawn to the max and cash parked in the offset.

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Sage move...

This is next thing which the banks will crack down on ... if you think it is bad now ...you ain't seen nutin'.....

Also keep it across 2 banks.......

16. ashftc

ashftc Well-Known Member

Keep across 2 banks? You mean the drawdown Equity? I’m offsetting interest from that. What’s the idea behind keeping it in 2 banks?

17. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Just to be safe... call me paranoid... but during COVID I pulled some money (300k) and put it into a bank where I had not loans and had the Fed guarantee... ;)

frankjeager and ashftc like this.
  18. ParraEels

ParraEels Well-Known Member

Bank run is possible during liquidity crisis. We are not there yet but it is possible...

ashftc likes this.
  19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Very very remote in OZ ...but hey who knoz.....no way a Big 4 can fall.... it would be catastrophic!!

frankjeager and ashftc like this.
  20. frankjeager

frankjeager Well-Known Member

yeah i dont see even the most grizzly of bears suggesting that. hopefully not, it would be horrible