Will you sell or lease your property by your own?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by happyhome, 25th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. happyhome

happyhome Member

Hi Guys,

Will you sell or lease your property by your own? or will you engage real estate agents to do this for you?

Thanks,

2. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

If I ever decide to sell one of my local properties, I'll do it on my own through one of those "private sales agencies" they have now. I know the sort of person I am and I know I'd be able to sell my property for the right price. If it was one of my investments that are interstate, I'd of course get an agent to sell it.

happyhome likes this.
  3. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Depends on location for leasing. I lease out my properties on my own as they are close by and I can attend to any matters that arise. I would get a PM if interstate.

As for selling, would probably do it myself too.

happyhome likes this.
  4. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

I currently self manage...

I admit that if I was planning on selling I would contemplate doing it myself if I still lived locally... Otherwise, I would engage an agent.

happyhome likes this.
  5. JASA

JASA Well-Known Member

I'm selling two properties privately ATM using buy my place. One in Cairns one in Adelaide. I will fly in for open and hope still save on agent commission.

happyhome likes this.
  6. D'Mo

D'Mo Well-Known Member

Very interested to hear how this goes.

7. littletee

littletee Well-Known Member

Just done this myself guys, have a read of my thread at http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108491

Highly recommended to do it yourself if you are confident, have good negotiating skills and know your market well. If you don't, go through an Agent.

happyhome likes this.
  8. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I would be more inclined in sell my own property (as I worked as a REA previously) but no way I would want to touch PM of my own. Unless it was the next door property MAYBE I might consider it.

9. sandyfeet

sandyfeet Well-Known Member

Have you done this previously? Keep us updated

10. Pins

Pins Well-Known Member

I rent out a fully furnished place in inner city Sydney myself. It hasn't been vacant in 5 years and for the most part it's pretty easy. Wouldnt do it for every property but it works for this one.

11. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

I couldnt do it. Id rather my pm just do it for me. Less stress

12. happyhome

happyhome Member

Hi Jasa,

Interesting. How did you advertise your properties? you did online advertisement or on newspaper?

13. happyhome

happyhome Member

Hi Big Will,

Any recommendation website or anything to advertise my property without REA involvement?

14. Big Will

Selling or buying?

15. happyhome

happyhome Member

Read thru your somerset thread. very interesting and congrats, mate.

Would you mind to share where did you advertise your property? or perhaps you can share what is the lead generated from each site? (if you are using more than 1 site).

16. happyhome

happyhome Member

I need website for selling at the moment. but if you could share website for buying for my reference would be great. Thanks.

17. peastman

peastman Well-Known Member

I would never self manage or self sell.
    Hiding behind an agent is so much better. I want zero personal contact with tenant or the purchaser. It's good just being a name on a bit of paper. Invisibility is so underrated.

18. Big Will

Sorry was meant to be renting not buying lol

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=sell+your+own+home

If you were going to sell it yourself, I would make sure you get;
    1. Pro photos as this is the first thing a buyer will see,
    2. Floorplan - you like them buyers like them and I always suspect that if they don't include a floor plan it must be horrible.
    3. Get the best internet package with them, most buyers today use the internet (RE & Domain) get the best the service allows you to get as you don't want to be on page 2-5 on day 1.
    4. Depending on the property if you are targeting retirees or the real elderly you might consider paper advertisement.
    5. Get a board (even generic) as you never know it might snag one or two more buyers as someone might be driving past your home or a neighbor sees you have a place for sale and they have a friend that wanted to move into the suburb or street.

If you wanted free advertising you can use GumTree but I wouldn't personally recommend it as few buyers will be on there and you are likely to find a money tight person or a REA through here but hey never hurts!

Good luck :)

19. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Interesting you mention floor plan... Personally, I don't inspect a lot of properties when I see the floor plan. If it's not my sort of floor plan, then I just won't bother looking at it. At least if I get there, they can try and convince me otherwise ;P

20. King

King Active Member

a vendor tried to sell her very well renovated house in waterloo but it didnt work out for her. it was passed in and negotiation lasted the whole day without any agreement. she then gave it to an agent and it got sold for a very good price.

not sure what she did wrong.