Will the U.S. Continue to Dominate?

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by Redwing, 7th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

From A Wealth Of Commonsense

Will the U.S. Continue to Dominate?

upload_2019-4-7_14-33-40.png

Regardless of why it happened, the only thing investors should care about from here is what happens next.

Will the U.S. continue to dominate the rest of the world going forward? Are there built-in competitive advantages the U.S. has over the rest of the world? How will this translate into economic and financial market gains in the years ahead?

orangestreet likes this.
  2. Snowball

Snowball Well-Known Member

Prettt interesting to navel gaze about. But those questions are well above my pay grade :D

number 5 likes this.
  3. dunno

dunno Well-Known Member

US moved from 15% share to 53.3% over last 120 years, that’s a 1.1% growth rate in market share. Keep that up they will account for "190%" after another 120 Years.

Space exploration anybody.

The Falcon likes this.
  4. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

Does it matter? Australia went from 3.5% to 2.2%. How did Australian share investors faired? A very satisfactory return of above 10%.

From what I have read UK investors have done pretty OK as well.

So to me if you are interested in returns to be expected if the US market share declines I think above examples clearly demonstrate the returns can still be very good.

Cheers
    Oracle.