Will the "bubble" pop?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Luca, 11th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

Sale in Woolloomooloo: $2,451,000. Agent says a great price, especially for a 89sqm terrace!

I wonder if the purchasers have ever driven or flown over the blue mountains and over the vast endless lands of this country ha ha

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

By that definition a share that doesnt pay a dividend is not an asset. Facebook shareholders are shaking their heads.

which tells you how useful that definition of asset is.

Last edited: 15th Jul, 2021
    Tyla and Rugrat like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So some here may have a primary residence where they can refinance LOC $1-2m and live off this/income (LOE)? Not hard today.
    Not saying its a strategy I promote, but its kind of like a reverse mortgage, but you control it.
    if you are a believer, in 7/10 years primary residence will double

4. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Whatever we want to call it, real estate certainly gives you choices....

MTR likes this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

…. All I can say is teach your children what you know

SuperOlaf and Sackie like this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Thats flat real growth. IF he’s right.

for those who have a stack of equity after the last decade’s boom? Be choosy and pick up something for the grandkids. IF you believe that the long term trend is up.

MTR likes this.
  8. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

I am with Marusik, once we reach the new normal there will be stagnation for a while...

MTR likes this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am calling early 2022, or closer to end of 2021….. I dont believe it will be interest rates rises, but a change in market sentiment???? Lets see

boganfromlogan and JL1 like this.
  10. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

In 2017 I called it would be 2018/2019 in NSW but I was wrong.

Do you think this will apply to WA? Places that are finally seeing some growth after nearly a decade of sorrow? In saying that personally doesn't bother me (love the idea of a capital city in Australia being cheap)

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Like most of Australia, Perth has being doing very well over last 12-18 months, driven by government grants, government incentives, low ir, etc etc

Recently I have noticed more supply coming to market in Perth and stats are showing this. I think around 8000 properties today, compared to i think around 12,000-13000. re agents stating same

However, in saying this its still low, and there are many areas/suburbs where there is literally little/no stock which I guess will keep driving prices north

These are the areas I would be buying into, I have mentioned a few on the Perth thread. Houses not units

Perth is coming from a very low base compared to East, in particular Syd/Melb. This may be our edge??

In saying this…. I don’t have a crystal ball

I actually thought covid would kill the property market. I never expected government to print this much money, its global

Will there be a great reset?? Just make sure we have buying power if/when this happens

12. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Talking to my mum today who is not into RE and currently lives in Italy: Luca "Prices are going nuts" Mum "Prices cannot go up forever, there will be an affordability issue at some point".

REA I am in contact with is saying they are trying to make the vendors understand that expectations need to change, now is like next door sold at $1M, I can sell in 2 months time at $1.1M.

I am close to getting my PPOR dream aside and keep investing. Let`s reassess in 2/3 years time.

MTR likes this.
  13. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Ask that American dude by the name of Harry Dent ;)

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Its global

I believe Turkey is number 1 for soaring property prices.

I am still in the game, but I want to make sure I am cashed up for the share market crash on 15 May 2023;)

boganfromlogan likes this.
  15. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

It's possible that we are going to see hyperinflation in the future as a result, so those holding assets with manageable debt and decent cash flow will be the 'winners".

freyja and MTR like this.
  16. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

Yep, totally agree

I don`t think there will be a crash, just a long flat line or minor corrections.

MTR likes this.
  17. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Oops we have a family birthday on that day. Can u slide it forward or backward one week.

MTR likes this.
  18. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

Could cause a few issues for construction. Off the plan prices struggle to make sense at the best of times, what happens when growth is flat. Government subsidies?

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.