Sports & Fitness Will South Australians embrace Rugby League State of Origin ?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Foxy Moron, 14th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

while the organization is called national rubgy league.. xD

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

And the World Series Baseball is USA national at best.

3. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

hahah americans are special.. they make their own rules to make them selves look good.. and force everyone to apply it.. but if they get beat and cant win the championship every year.. then its a not a sport.. they look at rugby and turn into american football. .

4. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I would love to see an NRL team play out of Adelaide. I thought the Roosters v Storm was a good initiate and having Origin at the Adelaide Oval would be another opportunity for Adelaide to show off what nice city it is.
    I'm also keen on the new redevelopment of Memmorial Drive Tennis Centre which was announced a little while back. SA has a great history in tennis and seeing some top tennis in the most modern facility in Australia would be another thing to highlight Adelaide as city of outdoor fun.
    Whether you like AFL, Union, League or Soccer, the more variety Adelaide has the better I think it would be. I think people would feel more comfortable with this. Living on the East Coast in Sydney I find that when I go to Adelaide I feel a little uncomfortable ( I don't know why) sought of isolated, because it's not on the east coast with Bris and Mel, but I really like what Adelaide has to offer. Having NRL would sought of make one feel less isolated .
    I can understand that some locals may disagree, but I think it's worth a try.

5. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I think NRL has some management issues. The AFL has done a better job with their expansion into Sydney and I believe there is talk of Hobart getting a team and Canberra as well.
    A lot of families find going to an AFL game to offer a better experience whereas league tore itself apart when they had the Super League war. The NRL has got the mix of teams not quite right. You have 4 clubs in close proximity in the SE of Sydney, zero on the Northern Suburbs except Manly on the northern beaches then Parramatta, West Tigers and Penrith to the west. Then you only have one team in Melbourne, Canberra, Newcastle , Gold Coast, Brisbane and Townsville and Aukland.