NSW Will Marsden Park be the next Bella Vista?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sumterrence, 14th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I live close to Marsden Park and from the past 2 years I've seen some dramatic transformation:

- There is a massive business park under way with some of the biggest brands in Australia (Costco, Bunnings, Ikea, Aldi etc)

- Alot of housing development going on with Greenway also building a Woolworths and Elara building a self contained community (will have its own shopping complex, childcare centre, both public and private school, medical centre and age care centre)

- Apparently the government is planning to build a train station there on the coridor of south st extending from Rous hill?

Also there are a number of life style facilities such as golf course and some sort of putt putt type of thing nearby?

Seems promising from what I can see.

2. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Its good, but no bella vista.. Bella Vista has extremely high paying jobs.. marsden park has retail jobs. Big difference, unless they move big companies there..

Propertunity likes this.
  3. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

We should learn about this quite soon as the governments are to announce the preferred option(s) for rail connections of the new Western Sydney Airport. Extension of the Sydney Metro Northwest beyond Marsden Park to St Marys and all the way to Badgerys Creek is considered part of the North-South rail link option.

wombat777 likes this.
  4. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Assuming they also connect the metro from Bankstown to Badgerys Creek, that would mean you will be able to catch a Metro train around a loop that circumnavigates the city, i.e.

Rouse Hill <-> Castle Hill <-> Epping <-> Chatswood <-> Wynyard <-> Waterloo <-> Bankstown <-> Liverpool <-> Badgery's Creek <-> St Marys <-> Marsden Park <-> Schofields <-> Rouse Hill.

Now won't that be a boon for the suburbs in the North West and South West. Pretty clear that this is well an truly on the cards.

Gockie, ndpjai and Loverenting like this.
  5. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

Labor seems to already support this rail connection:
    Western Sydney North-South Passenger Rail Line Fact Sheet

The Liberal NSW and Fed Governments may have to follow suit with a hope to retain their some electorates in the greater Western Sydney, despite certain businesses lobby for a costly direct metro link from Badgery's Creek to Parramatta and Sydney CBD, thus shunting most parts of the region off the benefits of the new airport.

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2017
    Tenex likes this.
  6. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

sumterrence likes this.
  7. Michael M.

Michael M. Member

I'm pretty sure the Marsden Park line will happen but there are much more priorities before that i.e. connecting Metro to City then Bankstown. As I recall this would probably take up to late 2020s. Unless we have resources and funding to extend both ends of the metro at the same time, Marsden Park Station will be unlikely in the next 10 years. Will need to weigh up opportunity cost.

8. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

The north south link is already in planning/design

The rail holding yard at cudegong rd is set to double in size before it's finished. That will link to the south through st marys

And i doubt marsden park will match bella vista as it's much higher density living. There are acres being cleared for more houses and demand is high

9. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

Bella Vista is expensive not because of it's location but rather the demographics. Very wealthy demographics, It may as well be a gated community. The only other similar suburb I can think of is Oatlands but the latter is mainly due to King's high school catchment. Albeit you will also have Hunters Hill (my personal favourite to live in) and Canada Bay but these suburbs get much closer to the CBD of Sydney.

I own an investment duplex a few seconds drive from Bella Vitsa in the Hills area. If I was a few streets over my land would be worth over half a million or so more, so the close proximity means nothing.

If you are going as far as Marsden park, I would rather sticking to Penrith. Definitely a good suburb to invest in.

ej89 likes this.
  10. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

People who can't afford Rouse Hill, Schofields, The Ponds etc are now going to Marsden Park.. it will constantly go up there.. but for me, Marsden Park would only be a pay down debt purchase where I take my money from the ponds to there.. i do think Marsden Park and Oran Park will bleed more than any other suburbs when crap hits the fan though.. amount of houses i've seen who cant afford to do landscaping or have no furniture in multiple rooms is a bit scary.

Kis Kis and bob shovel like this.