Will council contribute to fence?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Frosty123, 20th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Frosty123

Frosty123 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

It's a long shot, but has anyone ever heard of council chipping in for the replacement of a fence?
    I have a back fence on a property in Ferntree Gully (Knox City Council) in Victoria which has almost fallen down.

The fence is not shared with another neighbor, but rather a court behind it.
    Has anyone ever heard of council paying anything towards this sort of thing?

Thanks

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

From previous interactions (in NSW), Council will pay for fences on operational land (eg carparks) but not on roadways (eg side boundary fences).

3. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

I've had it for both ways to be honest, I think it depends on what it on the land and also who is working on the day they look at it.

Can't hurt but to try.

I'd contact the council and ask for ownership details, sometimes you'll find it is in fact privately owned.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia