Entertainment & Music why you gotta be so rude...

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by jsoe000, 14th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Ok, after having watched Spectre, here is my rundown:

Plot: Average-Good but not great. Wont give too much away.

Acting:
    Monica Belluci- underutilised- way too short screen time.
    Craig- Above average. Consistent and never flinching. Convincing performance, however significantly lacks the ladies man charm that any great Bond must have. He simply cannot schmooze like the other Bonds can.
    Q and M: Great. Hope to see more of them in the future.
    The young chick ( forgot her name): competent, but ultimately a bit disappointing in how her character ended up. The entire movie was screaming for a femme fatale and neither she nor belluci were cast for it.
    Mastermind Villian- Awesome- really had me convinced that if such an organisation existed someone like him ( or me :D) would be running it.

Locations:
    Rome and Tangiers- both wonderful- perfect locations for a bond flick.
    Swiss Alps- good
    London- Average-good

Girls:
    Underutilised Belluci. They could have kept her throughout the movie- either as a vengeful femme fatale (avenge the death of her husband) or a convert...whatever the case, there was more they could have done.
    The young blonde chick was ok, as the bond girl, but would have liked to see more of her (preferably without her clothes)..:) There was potential there...that's all I will say..;)

Cars:
    Both the Aston Martin and the bad guys' Jaguar were nothing short of jaw dropping. This is why people should invest in property- so that one day those cars could be yours. I would have liked to see more of both- especially the Jag which I'm sure was equally tricked out as the Aston...

Overall: 7/10- A competent bond flick with lots of action ( Craig is too old for this s***- surely this is his last).
    Has most of the necessary ingredients of a bond flick expect one key ingredient: it doesn't have the romance (non sexual) and suspense that the best bond flicks have had. They had the chance to develop it ,especially in Tangiers... but failed to do so. A little too dry and predictable for most of the movie to warrant higher scores. In many instances, it came off as too Jason Bourne mindless action scenes without any depth of plot. Nevertheless, capable in most other departments and a worthy recipient of 7/10, but nothing more.

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good review, would like to see more of this commitment in the BNE thread ;)