LIC & LIT Why the love for Mirrabooka Investments?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Zenith Chaos, 17th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

Lol, I must admit that I had few drinks, apologies for the mistakes.

twisted strategies likes this.
  2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

No probs. I was having a go at myself as my attention to spelling is awful on occasions.

3. Never giveup

I just noticed that SPP Entitlement No. Is embeded in the Bpay Ref No.

Now you know its my 1st time in taking part in SPP ;)

4. SatayKing

It can be confusing at first. Most share registries have the documents online as soon as an offer opens. If you have registered with the share registry, you can download them directly.

It's also not a bad idea to register with a share registry in any case. Then you can check to make sure the broker has actually supplied your TFN (very occasionally things can go wrong) and banking details. You can change the banking details if you want payments to go to a different account and that can also be useful if you have various share holdings with that share registry, e.g. MIR dividends to pay some bills and AFI to different account for other purposes.

You may also want to check if you have, or need to be, self-certified for FATCA/CRS requirements which applies to shares, such as, WHF for some reason.

And, of course, you can apply, amend or cancel DRP/DSSP arrangements without bothering with paper documents.

Sadly, MIR's share registry does not allow you to link with other holdings say holding MIR personally and in a SMSF. Other registries I use do allow linking via the HIN.

Ynot and twisted strategies like this.
  5. Never giveup

Great tips, thanks @SatayKing

I clicked on the SPP email received from MIR and it took me to computer share site from where I downloaded the SPP document.

Once reviewes all I needed to do the bpay using special ref no and biller code. It was easy and now its just wait & watch ;)

6. SatayKing

It's $3.10 if anyone is mildly interested.

7. Never giveup

You rock @SatayKing !!

8. symo

symo Member

$3.10 is bang on January NTA (post div). I suspect it will be under Feb NTA based on market mvt this month.

Surprised it didn't get to the $40m given the significant liquidity in the market still. WMI a smaller fund (though much larger overall Wilson stable) got close to $60m back in August - I guess Wilson's spend a lot on marketing [​IMG]

Be interesting to monitor how they use the funds and recent/future plays into IPOs etc pan out, bit more risk.

9. Never giveup

Has anyone received any email from MIR re SPP? Or

The shares be just shown in the trading account dirrctly.

10. ChrisP73

ChrisP73 Well-Known Member

Nope, "2021 SPP ALLOTMENT" transaction has shown up computershare but no documentation yet. Expect it will turn up in good time....or maybe it won't. Either way really only important if you want to sell, or be organised, or not cause a mess for your executor, or all three :)

11. SatayKing

Got close with $38.88m raised from 2,015 shareholders (participation rate of 28%). Not far from being required to scale back applications.

12. SatayKing

Got my lazy backside into gear this morning and after downloading the MIR dividend statements had a look to see if there was any formal documentation of the allocation. Doesn't seem to be (unlike WHF :() so expect they will arrive by snail mail - along with those bloody CHESS statements.

13. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Share market plunges with a strong rotation towards value - weekly review

The rapidly falling share market could also be telling us a story about a rotation out of high-flying technology stocks and back into value stocks.

While a $50 billion market cap drop in one day is enough news in itself, the underlying moves tell us that other factors are also at play.

Rising bond yields and inflation fears are ostensibly the reason why US markets slumped and why we followed on Friday with a 2.4% plunge in the ASX 200 to 6673.3 points – the worst fall in six months.

The underlying dynamic change though is that valuation is really making a comeback after a period in which it was superseded by excitement about technology and its rapidly growing global use during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Anne11 and twisted strategies like this.
  14. SatayKing

Given the length of time, a phone call was made. It would seem the share registry has not received instructions on this matter. I am making further investigations.

In regard to the last sentence, it may be a matter of interest for the Auditor of a SMSF.

ChrisP73 and twisted strategies like this.
  15. ChrisP73

Glad someone is!

Received snail mail from the registry today. Alas it wasn't what I expected. They were acknowledging a change of bank account details for MIR. That I didn't request. For an account that's no longer open. Login, fixed.

Seems these old school postal confirmations are useful after all.

16. SatayKing

It is possible to create your own allocation statement with minimal effort. Download the MIR announcement of 18 Feb of the SPP results (it has the price per share in it). Go to Computershare and for MIRNA, go to transactions and filter by date for 23/2/2021 and download the result to PDF. Then use a free program to merge the two PDFs.

17. ChrisP73

I'll wait. :)

18. SatayKing

After a conversation I had this morning, I suspect the wait will be........well, how long is a piece of string? And it could be a string which will be different to what you may expect. I hope I misunderstood, so got my fingers crossed.

And yet, WHF which is with the same registry had the advice available for download within a couple of days after its SPP allocations were made.

ChrisP73 likes this.
  19. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Value rotation on the radar

The foundation of Value investing is the notion that cheaply priced stocks outperform pricier stocks in the long term.

Value companies are typically determined by selecting those with the lowest price fundamentals, such as price to earnings, relative to peers.

Value is categorised as a “pro-cyclical” factor, meaning it has tended to benefit during periods of economic expansion. In addition, Value and Growth active returns are negatively correlated. In other words, when Value outperforms Growth underperforms and vice versa.

upload_2021-3-5_18-18-1.png

20. SatayKing

Same. My guess is the "request" was triggered by the allocation of MIRNA shares and the system reverted the banking details to an account a broker informed the share registry was to be used when MIR was originally bought.

I've had a few of discussions with the investor relations area of a couple of companies and the number of holders who think NABtrade or Commsec are the share registry is pretty high. As a result, many don't even register with the share registry or provide email addresses for receipt of company information, including dividend advices, and are totally reliant on a broker account. The amount of mail returned is quite large as a result.

ChrisP73 likes this.