NSW why people are still investing in Sydney when market is near to high?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by SteffS, 26th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Pete specifically mentions Adelaide in that post.

2. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

There is absolutely nothing that Gold Coast has over Sydney to be better placed, I understand you are there and you prefer it to be the case but no.

With regards to the article you had posted, Firstly and foremost, there have been many Real Estate Agents along with economists down to the average guy walking down the road that have predicted a crash for Sydney since the end of 2013 which has never happened. This is a direct reflection of the fact that they were shooting from the hip than being "credible". Just scan through the forum and the posts and I am certain you will see many of them right here.

Secondly if someone is a prominent agent of anything and yet use their name to promote a something different, then you have to understand it is a marketing ploy targeted at the masses of the gullible. Nothing more than that and I have used an example of it already above.

Thirdly John, or anyone else for that matter, dont make money from predicting. They make money from selling houses and the commission they collect.

Hope that helps put things in perspective.

3. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

What?

Do you even read what you post?

Stop posting bed time stories. There is no credible data that shows Sydney is "slowing down significantly" as you have pointed out.

I am sorry if you bought elsewhere and Sydney did better and you are upset about that but there is no point going over the same things that have already been discussed just because you are of a personal opinion that happens to be different to what is happening in the real world.

RetireRich101 likes this.
  4. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

Is this a joke? you have posted a link to another topic where some other users are posting similar stuff to what you believe?

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Tenex.....lets this convo a couple of years...as I have said to a few on this site...too many Sydney people have grown use to continual price rises..they think they are immune....is this false security.

I am sure the people in WA did not see it coming either...aahh...but..but...Sydney is not mining related.........the question is a mmot point in a major shock in the market....

Citycat88 and big max like this.
  6. big max

big max Well-Known Member

"There is absolutely nothing that Gold Coast has over Sydney to be better placed".

Well apart from the weather and the beaches I'll cite two things where the Gold Coast is clearly better placed, highly relevant to any intelligent and rational investor. Price. Yield.

It is a mathematical certainty that Sydney is overvalued. The fact that a correction has not yet occurred does not change this fact. Predicting when that correction will happen is not easy. But don't be trapped into confusing these two concepts.

You state that McGrath makes his money from transactions. The Sydney market has significantly higher volume than Gold Coast does. So any agent wanting to maximise commissions would NOT want to be talking down Sydney (a larger market) to benefit the Gold Coast (a smaller market) now would he?

Finally you state that you believe I am in based on the Gold Coast? Actually I'm not. I'm based in Asia. And I invest internationally. So, with respect I actually probably take a much more balanced and objective view to investing that you do. And for the record I was invested in Sydney but have indeed excited Sydney entirely now, putting my gains to towards investments that I consider to have both higher upside and lower downside risk. This is how long term successful investors operate.

Last edited: 7th Jun, 2017
    radson, 2020vision and Jimmy D like this.