Why is not paying for fuel a police matter, but trashing a house, not paying rent, a civil matter?.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Car tart, 2nd Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. luckyone

luckyone Well-Known Member

So I guess from this we should all pay the $15 fee (or whatever it is now) to have the cheque cashed immediately???

2. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

You may want to find out from St George whether the customer is required to submit a statutory declaration in support of the lost cheque report.

Making a false statutory declaration is a crime carrying a penalty up to five years' imprisonment in NSW, fifteen years in Victoria.

You have the evidence - the cheque - that proves that they did not lose the cheque.

It's up to you what you do with these pieces of information.

Standard disclaimer that this is not legal advice.

wylie likes this.
  3. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

Police say it’s a civil matter. I have taken it up with St George who are not interested as I’m not the customer.

I have now gone to the Financial Services Commmision and lodged a claim. they have given 5 weeks for St George to give a reply. I believe that St George are aiding the fraud as they won’t give a reason for the cancelling of the bank cheque, nor the name of the person who bought the cheque. I will be commencing civil action after I get the evidence.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  4. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

What do you expect the FSC to say, and what evidence are you expecting to obtain?