QLD Why I bought in Goodna - See Change

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by See Change, 20th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Coconutwheels

Coconutwheels Well-Known Member

Got one in Riverview and budget $1600 rates, $910 water (tenant pays usage), should be pretty close to the mark.

Timwest likes this.
  2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

i"m not sure, 600 and something I think

Elives likes this.
  3. Timwest

Timwest Well-Known Member

@Coconutwheels Redbank and Riverview seem to have lower crime rates. House prices are very similar and still close to train station etc.. Do these two suburbs have a better feel then Goodna?

Tekoz and markson like this.
  4. Coconutwheels

Coconutwheels Well-Known Member

I didn't spend much time on the ground at all, one day trip down from Darwin when I lived there in which I covered from Liechart to Gailes

Honestly my "feel" was for redbank planes, Gailes and Goodna, I missed out on properties there as I was low balling too much and chasing yeild.

I did like Riverview's proximity to Redbank Plazza, trains, freeway etc but any of those suburbs are close really.

Tekoz likes this.
  5. markson

markson Well-Known Member

Last edited: 24th Mar, 2016
    Timwest likes this.
  6. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

I do have the same question. What would be better in investment or capital gain perspective?

I would rather 80 Storr Circuit property personally, hoping less maintenance. If we buy such a property, do you think that cash flow will cover costs?

Cliff had indicated, some of his properties cost him extra for first 1-2 years. In such a case I am wondering how much I should be able to afford after the property purchase?

Thanks guys!

Timwest likes this.
  7. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

If you're borrowing everything , it won't cover costs .

We were looking more at properties similar to arkins , but the rent looks slightly low . We're getting 280 -290 for ours and arkins is quite nicely done up so ( don't hold me to it ) but the rent should be more . however some pm's don't like increasing the rent on wonderful tenants . extra 20 / week and you have an extra thousand and you're over 6 % .

If you're buying one , it doesn't make much of a difference , but when you have a few it all adds up .

The Storr Circuit house certainly looks a nicer property , but I'm not as familiar with that segment of the market , so not sure what the rental demand is .

Arkin looks in quite good condition for the money , so I'd also be wondering whether it might go for a bit over the offers over price .

Don't know what the demand is for the over 300 K properties , if it hasn't taken off , might be worthwhile thinking of making a low offer .

Which makes a better investment ... mmm . I know the price segment arkins is in has moved around 5-10 % in last year , but not sure about that 300 K plus range has done the same as we haven't been watching it . Have a chat too a few agents and you'll probably get a consensus view . If that range hasn't shown much movement ....

Cliff

Last edited: 24th Mar, 2016
    Seal and Timwest like this.
  8. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I worked in the election as a polling officer at goodna last weekend. Boy did I get some stories from my 14hrs there. Was fascinating.

Frazz and Elives like this.
  9. markson

markson Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insights Cliff. I appreciate it.

10. Vk8975

Vk8975 Well-Known Member

That first property appears to be a few houses up from the local cemetary. I wonder if that has affected the rents a little?

11. See Change

Stable neighbors as long as it's not a mining influence ....:rolleyes:

Would need to chat to pm's on that , would also depend on how visible it is , though some might like the Peace and Quiet assuming they don't rise from the dead in a zombie apocalypse :eek:

Didn't notice it myself when we were driving around .

Clifff

Vk8975 likes this.
  12. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

I noticed a few of these places are now under contract!

13. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

@See Change great post. Thanks for sharing.
    Compared to Logan and up north near D-Bay and surrounds, did you see a lot of foot traffic at the opens?
    Were you competing with other multiple offers on your properties in Goodna area, or were you generally picking up the properties below listing price - if so by how much (%)?

Cheers,

Taku

14. tango76

tango76 Member

Hi all,
    I am from Sydney and looking to purchase my 3rd IP's. I am interested in Camira (have not been here). Looking for a house with large block around $350-400K with good cash flow and decent CG. Strategy is to buy and hold. My questions are:
    1. Is this a decent suburb to invest in? Pros and cons.
    2. Good vs bad pockets within this suburb?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

15. See Change

As this is a thread about Goodna , and I know I know nothing about camira , it's probably not the best place to ask those questions .

Maybe start another thread ?

Is Camira , Gold Coast ? There is a Gold Coast thread .

Cliff

16. tango76

tango76 Member

Hi Cliff,
    I'm referring to Camira which is just next to Bellbird park, Goodna and Gailes.

17. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Welcome Tango. Camira as you say is adjacent to Goodna but may be a higher buy in than Goodna. Some larger blocks there. Feel free to post in one of the many Ipswich threads (search function) with any specifics.

18. See Change

Ahh . Was thinking about Carrara ….

Didn't look at it so can't comment though the swans had a good win over Collingwood tonight :cool:

Cliff

Last edited: 27th Mar, 2016
  19. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

nice selection.. (the location, not collingwood )

20. Gabba

Gabba Member

You should sign up as an affiliate with that agent @See Change, seems a good portion of the properties you highlighted are under contract ;-)

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia