Why Hasn't Brisbane BOOMED

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MTR, 28th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Regional area i believe

2. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

3. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

Queensland drops again as South Australia overtakes us in CommSec report

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/po...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

"Queensland has slumped from fifth to sixth place in the nation for economic performance, according to the latest CommSec State of the States report.

The sunshine state was only rated higher than the Northern Territory and Western Australia, after being overtaken by South Australia."

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Bump

Update from those on ground

Dont tell me when it is going to boom, tell me it is booming. Where? What?

I expect APRA, credit squeeze impacting on this market, same accross OZ

5. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

the food is awful. enuf said

6. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Maybe not booming but not going backwards 10%pa like Sydney and Melbourne .

samiam, iloveqld and Pumpkin like this.
  7. Patrick Bateman

What are you on about ? Your spelling indicates you may be a denizen of Mount Druitt. Not enough red roosters in Brisbane to satisfy you ?

GX1, HUGH72, Noobieboy and 1 other person like this.
  8. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Brisbane will boom once the CURRENT “end of the world” is complete ;).

9. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

Oh monsieur! Brizzie was the worst culinary experience I've ever had in Aussieland. It was like that Pad Thai I ate in Prague. The fried chicken is better in Bratislava.

BTW, I don't care about my speeling.

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So you have not been to Perth:p

11. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

This is probably true.
    Pretty much all major cities worldwide will have to be abolished for only one contender to be left standing ..and that's Brisbane ..then..it may boom, even then I doubt . People will put their money into shares. Pretty much, have to get rid of all alternate investments and all other real estate markets and then the only dog (however flea ridden) will be Brisbane. This is the only likely scenario that will cause a boom in Brisbane.
    Hey wait...I'm supposed to be hyping it, but can't think of much right now..I'll post thr hype when I feel more creative.

gty12, samiam and kierank like this.
  12. kierank

Your sarcasm is even better than mine :p.

13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Hang on a minute.
    The food in Prague and Bratislava does seem to be better than the usual nonsense we get in Brisbane. It is far less expensive, and it comes with character, culture, history and passion. It is served with a pint of local beer and in the most amazing character-filled 800 year old cellars. Sorry, the above-ground parts of the buildings are all new since they were decimated in WW2.

However much we can take from these cultural behemoths, the climate in Brisbane beats being 38 degrees C in Summer and stuck indoors underneath a metre of snow for three months during Winter.

Just sayin'

Last edited: 26th Jan, 2019
    kierank likes this.
  14. kierank

Geez @Angel, keep that up and Brisbane will boom before @JDP1 comes to their senses :p

15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Either boom or at least have a rush of tourism from the Northern Hemisphere.

kierank likes this.
  16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

If you want to have a good meal in Brisbane try this place ,most people drive past the place and never go inside
    and it's the same every time..

Brisbane German Club

With Brisbane and boom vs doom,i only look at the level of interest by the numbers of letters we get every now and again --sometimes none for months but there has been several over the past few weeks..Same story you sign over the title to some unlisted $$2 property development company they build 4-6 walk-ups and they hold your hand all the way up the garden path slam the gate and you end up with one unit ..Look up the %growth on West End Dutton Park over the past 25years from my grade ten public school maths it works out above 12% year in year out..Money for nothing all you had to DO was take the ""RISK"" no different from yesterday with amount of sales completed ..

Angel likes this.
  17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Those meals at the German Club are still expensive. In Prague and Bratislava in 2014, a lunchtime tourist meal was 10 Euros for the pork knuckle with a beer included, and a basket of fresh bread rolls and butter. Add on exchange rate and it was about $16.

We sometimes visit the Polish House on Tambourine Mntn.

willair likes this.
  18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

@willair, does West End still have any authentic Greek fish and chip shops that make the biggest burgers in the country? I must admit that since Eatons Hill got Indian (Punjabi) and Thai, I haven't had to cross back over the border into Brisbane for a night out.

19. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

There is one still in boundary rd but most have gone now,west end is quite different from 25 years ago when rock and roll George would drive around in his FJ holden with the fox tails hanging off the dash ..

The Greek Club would be the best value in west end ,onsite free parking excellent service and safe at night
    but nothing's low cost anymore,most of the old burger shops are gone all the burgers paid for the education of their now professional now very successful grow up children who worked 9-5 and 5-9 seven days a week ..imho..

Last edited: 26th Jan, 2019
    Angel likes this.
  20. Patrick Bateman

Who would have thought Eastern Europe would be cheaper than Australia ! Such a surprising development ...

Angel likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia