Why do you care what others think ???

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MyDarlinghurst, 16th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Confidence in yourself is one thing. Doesnt mean you act like a sociopath.

Tim86 likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Just become a narcissist, then you don't have to worry what others think.

Angel, Tim86 and DaveM like this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Hi Tim

When I was a teen, my mother used to preface many sentences with "What will the neighbours think?" My brother and I quickly realised that the neighbours didnt care one iota about what she thought. Problem solved.

In my 20s, I realised that I was born wierd, so no matter how hard I tried, I would never live up to other people's expectations. I gave up trying to, and my life became easier. It's like, I will never be as tall as airline hostesses, Jerry Hall, Megan Gale and all the other beautiful people, so there is no point me ever trying to grow taller.

In my 30s, I discovered that, in general, the people who set the standard that we are supposed to live up to, the ones who are the most judgmental, are the same folks who think (all) Muslims are terrorists, LGBTI people should not have any civil rights and that people who have disabilities should be locked in concentration camps and left to die. Needless to say, I worked out a long time ago that THEIR opinions dont count in my value system.

In my 40s I was diagnosed with a disability. Yep, I now have proof that I can never possibly live up to other people's expectations so I have no legitimate reason to ever try to.

Problem solved, once and for all.

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Tim86, what do you think?