NSW Why are Ashfield apartments so much cheaper than the rest of inner west?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by hatake88, 18th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hatake88

hatake88 Member

Is it underrated or is there a particular reason?

I've been looking for my first property and have been doing some research. From what I gathered, Ashfield prices (at least for the more established properties) are similar to those of comparable build in e.g. Hornsby or West Ryde (which are both further out). Is there a reason why?

I've been to the suburb itself - its quite close to the CBD and all the major shops are there. No Westfield and its a bit cramped...but does that justify its relatively low valuation (for Sydney at least)?

What does everyone think? Is this the next suburb to experience capital growth? Tbh I prefer areas like Hornsby/West Ryde since they are leafier but obviously am considering capital growth as well when choosing a place...

2. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

If your serious about growth in the short/mid term forget units in the inner west. International borders will be closed for a while yet and to reach peak demand from where we are we are many years away.

If I was you I'd be looking at Perth or Brisbane. Still some very good free standing houses available at good prices that will offer you significant growth in the next 24 months and provide you some good yields without having it sit vacant for months.

Brisbane I think currently has the lowest vacancy rates out of all major cities is what I've heard.

Perth and Brisbane is heating up week by week, they are already very very hot now and even though prices have moved significantly already there is still plenty of growth left.

3. hatake88

hatake88 Member

Thanks! I would but I'm also looking for a place to live. Work doesn't allow me to leave Sydney

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.