Who's right - help please!

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by OhNoGo, 17th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

If you decide on a 1.3m ppor without selling the unit does that mean 1.3m of non deductible debt?:eek: If so I wouldn't buy the house without selling the unit and putting these funds into an offset against the non deductible debt.
    Without knowing more details I can't suggest anything else, too much non deductible debt could possibly slow you down for quite a few years. Especially if growth in Sydney tapers off at the same time.
    Otherwise rentvest or stay put in the unit and buy another 1-2 ips elsewhere.

2. OhNoGo

OhNoGo Member

Yep that's right. That's why I'm so reluctant. It will tie up all of our income with only a little wriggle room. Definitely no chance to invest until we make a dent in the mortgage (ages!!) or we make some equity (not guaranteed and also just digging a deeper debt hole)

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I am always itching to do things, it is good to have someone who looks at things a different way, as long as they agree in the end ;)

All I know is when things are good, it is "we", when something goes wrong, it is "you". The You will last a long time if it was your idea and it blows up.

Hugh raises good points, and another reason not too rush, you need to plan this so you do not snooker yourself.

4. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

How about NOT buying a house?

Buy some IPs and stay in the apartment?

You choose 1 IP,
    Husband chooses the other?

Make it a competition where you both win?

wylie, dabbler and ashish1137 like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia