NSW Who wished they purchased in Sydney

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MTR, 24th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

@MichaelW would be great if you started a thread on your build in Brissy:)

MTR:)

Pier1 likes this.
  2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Nice to see you back on here posting again @MichaelW it's been a while! Good on you for all the hard work now paying off :)

MichaelW and Sackie like this.
  3. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Hey MTR,

I really should have! Its almost done now, but I might start blogging it anyway. Just about to have a pool put in underneath the decks at the back. The REA that valued it recently said the pool and rear yard work we have planned will add circa $200K to the valuation to get us to that $1.5M in total and we'll do it all for under $100K. I'll build the deck myself and have quotes in now for the pool at $40K.

It was a drawn out affair but looks brilliant now. 5 bed, 3 bath over 3 levels with DLUG. Hamptons style with VJ internal walls upstairs. Big home theatre in the mid level. Kitchen with granite benchtops and white shaker doors mid level. Big decks on mid and lower levels. Basically set up the entire bottom level as a fully self contained granny flat.

I love the front pond we commissioned too which cascades over three levels with big plantings all around it. I'll take some photos and start a new thread. I can then blog the finishing process too. I love this building process!! :)

Cheers,
    Michael

Sackie and MTR like this.
  4. MichaelW

Hi Jacque,

Its great to hear from you again too! I must admit to contemplating calling you and discussing what was involved in becoming a buyers advocate and whether you needed an office in Brisbane... :) We're looking for more independent sources of income now as we start to transition to retirement in our 40's...

Great to know you're still here too and thrilled with your extreme success!!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Jacque likes this.
  5. MichaelW

PA mate, no choice really... And, yes, would definitely apply for membership and hope my current RQYS membership would allow me to transition pretty seamlessly. :)

How's life treating you Cliff? Did you go through with a few out Ipswich way?

Cheers,
    Michael

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Sounds gorgeous.....photos:)

Sackie likes this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Great work mate. Is it a splitter? Apologies if you've told me before I just cant remember.

8. MichaelW

Yes, but not by us... We bought the block of land from a guy who knocked down a post war home and then built his own project home on the half he retained. They're small lot code blocks, only 427m2. We bought when the mood in Brisbane was poor and negotiated hard. We paid $375K for the 427m2 black in Bardon when they normally sell for over $500K. Its a sloping site (hence the split level) which turned a lot of people off but we love sloping sites and built our first home in North Narrabeen on a battle-axe limited access sloping site so knew this one with road access would be a piece of cake by comparison. But I've hijacked this thread enough, I'll start a new thread and talk through the development from the start and the bumps and wins along the way right up to where we are today.

Cheers,
    Michael

Sackie likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it mate.

10. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Bought a few from Goodna to ipswich . Gone up a bit but everyones still waiting for the brisbane boom .

Ironically the place that's taking off now is Hobart. We have property there , but not as much as in Brisbane .

Cliff