Health & Family Who wakes up fresh every morning?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TMNT, 30th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Sounds as if you suffer from an intolerance to salicylates as I do, am struggling with my diet and have to eat what my dietitian calls a 'Granny diet'. If I dont, have the same symptoms you describe. Have a look at http://fedup.com.au and go to the failsafe shopping list which has been a great help.

EN710 and WattleIdo like this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

no good with the chili's either - same family - along with capsicum, paprika or any of those spicy (that I lurve) additives ... thank goodness I can fall back on mustard and garlic

Reading up on the Saicylates - close but not quite. A lot of those foods I can eat with no affect. It is a nightshade thing that, when we look back on the collective family memory, can be traced back to, at least, my great, great grandmother

What To Avoid With A Nightshade Allergy

Last edited: 2nd Jun, 2017
    WattleIdo likes this.
  3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Can be made without chilli :) never try mustard but maybe can work...

Lizzie likes this.
  4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Avoid Mexican green salsa-, which is made with tomatillos. I grow them and love them, but they are in the nightshade family as well.

Apparently when my grandmother was young, tomatoes were not eaten, at least where she grew up. They were regarded as decorative only. My father doesn't eat them, but I don't know if that's just because he's a fussy eater.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

@TMNT

What time do you go to bed?

When do you last exercise and eat?

6. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

My girlfriend suffers pretty badly from food intolerance and via elimination diet tracked it down to onion/garlic. I’m super interested as to how you tested for your food intolerances. I constantly hear “turns out I had an intolerance to” dropped as a throwaway line in podcast etc when people talk about there health but nobody ever really goes in to specifically what method of testing they went through to get there.

7. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

8. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

I was listening to a Podcast where Stephen Gundry, Author of the “Plant Paradox” was being interviewed. The focus of the book is the damage that “lectin” in foods does to our body. He mentioned tomatoes have super high lectin content but the majority of it is in the skins and the seeds. The Italian’s seemed to figure this out early because the traditional preparation for a sauce involves removal of the skins and seeds.

Redwing likes this.
  9. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

@TMNT I feel your pain!
    I feel your pain, and I’m curious, do you wake up in the morning with a dry mouth/bad breathe?

I’m on top of my diet and exercise, my sleep hygiene is good, room is dark, I take magnesium, I even where super expensive blue light blocking glasses in the evening. But I still have never woken up in the morning feeling what I would describe as “Refreshed” despite having what I would feel is a good nights sleep. One topic I’m about to dig deep into is “Nose Breathing” after reading through some of Patrick McKeown’s stuff, which on a very basic level indicates that breathing through your mouth is horrible, breathing through your nose is the tits. So over the coming weeks i’ll be doing my best to improve my nasal cavity health and be taping my mouth closed when I sleep… so if I don’t die I’ll report back with how it all went!

Perthguy likes this.
  10. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Any sleep apnea?

11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Mine is actually genetic and can be traced back, at least, 6 generations (now they tell me!!). Was by elimination over all those decades with a great grandmother who would be violently ill at the mere whiff of a potato, a grandmother who tomatoes send her to bed and an aunt who the whole nightshade gauntlet can leave bedridden for weeks. Everyone else has much milder symptoms and tolerate it for their love of food.

I had takeaway pizza last night - was so good - paying for it today with super fog brain and tiredness.

Basically the doc told me I had an autoimmune reaction/issue, from blood tests, and the family leapt in with a "oh, didn't you know ... "

I was suffering extreme lethargy, throbbing varicose veins (stripped/injected 4 times already), heart palpitations etc - blood tests came back as very high free iron, but negative for haemochromatosis.

Nightshades are also one of the leading causes of arthritis.

12. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I've often wondered why we eat so many tomatoes with everything. Touchwood, not a problem for me - but we are very ykmato dependent, aren't we?

Lizzie likes this.
  13. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Im top 5% for physical fitness for my age. Have done a lot of "re-wiring" psychologically of late and also have clearly defined goals I want to achieve before 50. This wakes me up refreshed most days and coffee helps as well :).

Ps. If I didn't need sleep I wouldn't do it!

paulF likes this.
  14. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

I don't believe so, but thats only going by reports from my girlfriend rather than expert opinion.