Health & Family Who wakes up fresh every morning?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TMNT, 30th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Id like to think of myself as very healthy,
    I exercise, my diet is very good, I am a personal trainer,
    I drink maybe once a fortnight, 1-2 drinks,

however no matter if i get 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 hours of sleep

I wake up feeling like absolute crap

anyone else like this is as well????

I think ive only woken up super fresh a few times in my life when soemthign amazing was happening (probably more psychological). on holidays its marignally better

I envy people who wake up and see the sun shining and the birds chirping, and look forward to the day ahead

devank, EN710, SOULFLY3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I've got two kids under 4 - I haven't woken up feeling refreshed since 2013 :-(

Cheers

Jamie

Esh, Adele, Foxdan and 13 others like this.
  3. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Yeah I am wide awake when I wake up and feel fresh, problem is you can't roll over and go back to sleep, Saturday morning 5:30am when my body decides it's awake time, then it's awake time :p

Esh, Bayview and ellejay like this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We've been wading through some family crap and for a few months now I find I wake up feeling like crap. Things are improving somewhat, so I'm hoping to get back to my normal happy self.

How are things in your life generally? Could it be that you have worries or other stuff happening that means you just are feeling flat?

5. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

I'm like you @TMNT I always wake up groggy and lethargic, no matter what time of the morning or what time I went to be or how good a perceived night's sleep I had.

I've been like it my whole life, though periods of being fit, fat, on the grog, off the grog, happy, stressed, relaxed etc etc..... I don't think I can remember a single morning where I've woken up and thought, "wow. let's get the day going!!".

Someone once suggested sleep apnea might be causing it so I went down and had a sleep study done. Apparently I slept like a baby, no issues at all. Still woke up feeling like I'd had 15 pints of beer though.

I guess just just how some of us are wired?

Humphrey, jim1964, SOULFLY3 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Varies a lot.
    Some people might just be slow to get into gear.
    If you take turn the lights on bright and take a refreshing shower right away, you will be wide awake after a few minutes.
    Once you get into gear, your performance should be no different, unless you have not had enough sleep or you're still recovering from heavy mental and physical stresses.

I'm feeling more like a wild cat these days.
    Like to sleep a lot, but when awake and warmed up for action, go super hard and intense.

Last edited: 30th May, 2017
    Colin Rice, el caballo and Phase2 like this.
  7. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

and legal or illegal substances, even caffeine are not a option for me :)

8. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Love?

Phase2 likes this.
  9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I do but a slap to the face puts an end to that. :oops:

Esh and Blueskies like this.
  10. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

I'm lucky as i generally wake up feeling great no matter what.This wasn't always the case but i did work hard on changing myself physically and mentally concentrating on the positives around me.

Seems like you are in good physical health so probably reviewing mental/emotional health is worthwhile. Take some time off and do something you love(solo hiking and motorcycling is my thing) and reset your routines a bit while thinking of what's making you feel unhappy. Might be work,might be personal relationships or simply the fact that you haven't been out of your comfort zone for a while. Try to put a plan to fix those things and most importantly, think of the positives of your current situation.

11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Like @Propagate mentioned - my first point of investigation would be Sleep Apnea.

Do you snore? If so - get this checked out by a doctor and get a referral to a sleep clinic who can investigate.

Note that if you don't sleep with someone else (or if they are a heavy sleeper), you may not be aware that you snore or have an obstructed airway while sleeping.

Phase2 likes this.
  12. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I already asked sandra bullock to wake me up fresh,

I am still waiting in anticpation for an answer.....its been a few years, but im hopeful :)

13. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Could it be a food intolerance thing.

Now - before everyone jumps on the "all in the mind" bandwagon (I thought the same) - every day that I can remember, for my entire 48 years, I had woken in the morning feeling lethargic and basically dragged myself through every day.

It was like operating in a continual fog of hazy tiredness. I though I was just lazy as everyone else seemed to have buckets of enery.

Five years back I realised this wasn't normal, went to the doctor and started investigating. Had the usual string of blood tests and the only thing that showed up was significantly elevated free iron. I was immediately sent for a haemochromotosis test, which can back negative - the doctor had nothing more to offer.

Last year I was totally fed up as, getting old, I was just getting more and more lethargic. Went to a new and young doctor (same clinic) who again ran a battery of blood test, heart monitoring (was getting severe palpitations every week or so) etc etc.

Again high free iron, but normal stored - she picked up that it points to an auto-immune reaction in the body. More investigating. Inflammation of the gut. More investigating.

Turns out I have a severe intolerance of foods from the Nightshade family - potato, tomato, chili, capsicum, eggplant.

Apparently this intolerance is very common, to varying degrees, among those with a high Anglo-Saxon genetic (35% - yep - I'm one of them) as these foods were introduced relatively recently, in evolutionary terms, into the Anglo-Saxon diet from South America.

I've now cut these foods out of my diet - which was hard because they made up the basis of my culinary skills and I lurve tomato and chili, except eggplant - blergh - eggplant - but now I feel fabulous, awake, alert and functioning.

A great side effect is the varicose veins, that had been making my life hell for 25 years (one strip, two lots of needles and still nightly throbbing) have cleared up completely ... and heart palpations have completely vanished ... so the inflammation caused by the intolerance must've been causing these too.

I do very occasionally eat these foods - I'm borderline with potatoes but chili and tomato set me right over the edge - knowing full well that I'll pay for it the next day with complete fog brain and exhaustion and throbbing legs ... which only reinforces that the diagnoses was correct.

Anyhow - the moral of the story is it may be a food/inflamed gut issue.

The food issues can include dairy - because we homogenize the milk nowadays, which completely alters the enzyme structure to something the gut bacteria/enzymes can't recognise and latch onto for digestion - and wheat, although gluten gets the blame, because the grain crops grown since the 1960's are genetically modified and nothing like what used to be grown pre-1960's. We also have "fast rising" dough (10 minutes instead of the old fashioned several hours) which means the yeast doesn't get time to modify the gluten into something our bodies recognise.

All very interesting

Chris Au, Gockie, freyja and 14 others like this.
  14. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I woke up groggy this morning at 3am... then became chirpy within 30 seconds to change my daughters bed because she wet it.

Then i couldn't go back to sleep and was tired as when the alarm went off at 7am to go to work.

15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I wake up fresh everymorning.. As long there is a $25 smashed avo on toast and a $5 coffee waiting for me :)

Esh and Dan Donoghue like this.
  16. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I'm still jetlagged after arriving back in Australia two days ago. Almost normal, I still need to adjust about another two hours.

17. datto

datto Well-Known Member

upload_2017-5-30_12-20-29.png

This works wonders for sleepy heads.

Esh, Bayview, Ted Varrick and 2 others like this.
  18. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Im the same.
    I usually wake up in some kind of haze. My wife usually springs out of bed.

Im usually getting into my stride at about 3pm, and can hapily be awake until 1am.
    She on the other hand fades at about 8pm and will usually struggle to be out of bed at 9.

Im usually a 'late eater'. That is dinner at around 7-8pm. She eats early with dinner at closer to 5-6pm.
    Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have noticed I wake up better/earlier when we eat dinner earlier.

Blacky

19. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

@TMNT

Could be your bed - do you find you sleep and wake up refreshed if you take a nap on a sofa etc?
    The firmness of mattress, covers can make a big difference, as well as the pillow(s).
    Also play around with the temperature of the room (while you sleep and when you get up), and level of light (try absolute pitch dark- not even a single led on any device)

The Y-man

20. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I've never been a morning person, since i was in primary school i work better at night, often only starting at or around midnight.

Having said that though i recently took delivery of a mattress i had bought last year before i knew i was moving to Melbourne temporarily and the difference between how i feel when it wake up is really noticeable. Being a bit of a princess my previous mattress was also a good one but i guess not as suited for me personally, I've been surprised by the difference felt.

We spend up to a third of our lives in bed but often cheap out on the bed and mattress which is pretty damn silly IMO, the one i got is made in Perth and prior to buying it they spend at least 30 mins with you testing up to.10 different permutations and then custom make it so it suits you perfectly and can do your side different to your partner's should there be a need, I'd definitely recommend people look at their mattress to see if it's a factor.

Sackie likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia