Who is your mentor in your PI journey?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by samiam, 25th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dwalsh

Dwalsh Well-Known Member

For me when I started at 19 it was my parents, they owned their own business for 31 years and bought built and flipped houses, so they definetly helped in the beginning, then sky business channel I lived on helps for sure. Then i managed to get a good mortgage broker with 20 houses himself that have taught me a lot about his own journey. I read a lot of books and I study a lot of areas on my own these days. I also look at info on here and see if it applies to my goals. I look for people that have achieved more then I have to learn off, but I take on board anyone's information to keep my mind creative.

Gockie likes this.
  2. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

I am ultra-conservative by nature. Too scared to go in debt until early thirties with my rich dad mindset. But back in the mid-nineties I went to work with an extremely entrepreneurial developer. Thing was he wasn’t building commercial or residential buildings – it was farms. With giant earthmoving gear, clever surveyors, brilliant project managers and willing bankers I learned how to turn basic sheep paddocks into prime irrigated farmland with all the massive infrastructure – all in the middle of no-where. Mind blowing and life changing. These days with my investor hat on I no longer cast a fussy eye over a sub-optimal building layout and use it as an excuse not to invest – because I know you can make anything become exactly what you want if you have the will and access to the dollars.
    Now I’m city based but I can’t even walk into a business or even a friend’s house without mentally picturing how I’d re-jig the rooms or cut and fill the yard to improve the utility if it were mine. Always thinking of the end game. Drives those close to me batty. I’d have to say those five years riding shotgun with a real-life risktaker taught me heaps more than anything at university and the following ten years in a respected high-rise profession.

Gockie, KayTea, Nick14 and 2 others like this.
  3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

And best user name ever. PS. No swiping.

MTR, Westminster, Foxy Moron and 2 others like this.
  4. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

Cheers Bran. Inspired by Kath Day-Knight its actually the nick-name I have for one of my dogs. (Maltese x Shih Tzu)
    My daughter suggested the avatar instead of a frizzy-haired lady.

Gockie and Bran like this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hey @Scott No Mates Spent new years eve about 3 houses down from Mr Lowy's home. Most expensive street in Australia. The atmosphere was freakin crazy. People getting out of Limos, ferraris and the like. Cars parked illegally on every empty inch of road. Security in front of most doors with iPad checking name lists before entry. You could almost smell the money in the air (and booze). We had views right down on the rocks perfectly facing the harbour bridge. It was amazing. Left inspired to work harder.

Last edited: 2nd Jan, 2016
    Rixter likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Leo2413 - he has the family enclave in the street. 3 or 4 blocks in a row.

The last that I read was thst he was in London staying on Ilona (but that was a couple of weeks ago).

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Scott No Mates yes he is in London last I heard from a good source (my wife). She's a stalker I tell you....:D

Btw Ilona is one big sunofabich at 73.6 meters!

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF