Who is going to win 2020

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MTR, 10th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Hey Guys

Lets keep this post civil, and keep the ranting to a minimum on both sides.

Lets keep emotion out of this and lets stick to the facts on both sides so we can have a great discussion

I think Trump admin is looking like a shoe in for 2020.

I just dont see any strong leadship on the other side. If Biden is the best they got, its not good enough

Bidens recent comment..... ‘China is not a threat to US’ is the silliest comment he has ever made

This .....

But who believes in polls anyway
    Poll finds most Americans believe Trump will win the 2020 election

Democrats working to defeat Trump’s 2020 foreign policy

Last edited: 10th Jun, 2019
  2. Traveller99

Traveller99 Well-Known Member

It's way too early to be predicting. Once the Democrats decide on the candidate, it will be much easier to predict.

However, it looks likely to be Biden or Sanders, who both peddle fringe, progressive dogma. Whereas the underdogs of Yang and Gabbard, are the two who would bring sensible centrist policies back to the party and reach out to a broader segment of the American population.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Trump.
    This was exactly my thought when I saw the thread title before opening it.

Phar Lap likes this.
  4. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

Assuming trends continue as they have it is unlikely that Trump will lose. Last single term president was George Bush Sr. That was almost 30 years ago. Trump can do no wrong in the eyes of his supporters.

Assuming democrats don't split their own vote, then they might be in for a chance especially now external forces are less likely to meddle via psyops.

For the record: I would like to see a centrist and non-populist woman president - so pretty much anyone left of Trump.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

6. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    To be fair, if stupid comments are going to me used to determine the quality of the livestock in a 2 horse race, everyone is starting seven , eight, nine or ten entire Spring carnivals behind Trump.

Did Biden mention that China was part of the moon? :)

Perp likes this.
  7. euro73

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

True

But Trump is Prez.... coming from a superior position

Biden needs to win over voters, comments like this wont do it

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I dont know so much??? Race Indian American did not go down too well
    Americans wont forget this

10. euro73

Didnt stop Trump... he made plenty of clangers before he won.

11. euro73

If they turn out to vote - they wont forget to dump Trump either. Well over 60% of people pretty much hate his guts ... but if they dont vote it doesnt matter. Its how he won. Its how he will probably win again. He mobilised a small number of diehards and won. Played on the low number of voters. Well played. But he is NOT popular with the majority of the US population.

Elizabeth Warren is sharp as a tack. She will run rings around him ( and anyone else) intellectually . If all the movie stars and rock stars get the 18-35 years out to vote - Trump could get rolled, conceivably . As I said..lots of IF's.

Casteller likes this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, I know

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting read
    Why would anyone bother voting if the party has nothing to offer, (Dems)

this is one of the reasons I believe Trump will win

Pundits and Pols Still Don't Get It: Trump Didn't Win in 2016, Democrats Lost

14. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I think Bernie is the only one who can beat Trump. If he doesn’t win the Democratic Party’s primaries then I think Trump will likely get another term

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think is the best option

16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Think Trump will win.

God help USA if Bernie wins. He's almost as disastrous as The Greens here.

Phar Lap likes this.
  17. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

It's difficult to stick to facts for something which is going to happen in 17 months time.

Offering an opinion after suggesting to stay on facts shows that it's difficult to stay on facts. Opinions are all any of us really have on this subject.

18. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Oh geoff, come on....why cant people use facts as the basis of their projection?

Afterall, its what the left keep spruiking about impeaching Trump based on facts, yet there are no facts to nail him on. Come on.

19. euro73

It's not peculiar to one party or another. Many Americans just dont turn out to vote, generally. T'was always thus

What I'm suggesting is that IF people are sick of the Donald, and IF they decide to get out and vote, and IF the democrats put up someone with a spine and a sharp mind ( like Warren for example, or even a wunderkid like Pete Buttigieg or even someone like Beto O'Rourke if they wanted to go for something outta left field ) The Donald may find himself on the end of a bad beating .... but we don't even have a chosen runner from the Democrats yet.... and we dont know how bad the US economy is going to be in the next 12 months if tariff man keeps on doing what he's doing ... so it's just a guessathon until they convene at their national conference in Milwaukee next July to decide.

I would only say that I think it's at least possible that the disdain Trump is held in by the majority of Americans creates circumstances where his @ss can be handed to him... Yes, I know he has lots of rusted on's for whom he can do no wrong, and as long as they do get out to vote he has the electoral numbers. But the economy is starting to hurt from his trade war, and we shouldn't forget that Trumps electoral majority are the minority in actual number, so IF the get out to vote thing takes off like it did for Obama, he could get smoked.

Whatever happens, Trump's Twitter will be all action ...

20. The Gambler

The Gambler Well-Known Member

If the economy keeps chugging along, you'd think Trump will be in the box seat even though the bloke is as shifty as they come.
    Elizabeth Warren? Playing the minority victim card is exactly what is wrong with the democrats. Warren was somebody I thought was perfectly decent and would possibly be a future USA Prez, but after that malarkey, you'd have to question her on other things as well.
    Biden along with Bernie both had their chances last election. Biden chose not to run and Bernie got shafted by his own party. Gavin Newsom seems to have some heat, but what he's done to LA isn't great and have you been to Santa Monica recently? Homeless everywhere. Far worse than before. Inviting homeless to live in your streets is how rich Californians think they're helping...
    Beto couldn't even win against that weirdo in Texas, so I don't think he's much chance of becoming President and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is far too young and somewhat delusional, so there's no way she'll get voted in... but they said that about a reality TV show host...
    Surely there has to be a traditional Democrat who can run or has the party veered so far away from what it has stood for that that is impossible now? I guess look at the Repubs. Is it the Tea Party now? Seems like it is...

Archaon likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.