Who is buying?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Propin, 17th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brickbybrick

Brickbybrick Well-Known Member

I recently missed out on a PPOR. Sale process transitioned from auction to best offer by a certain date. I had more time to put in a higher offer than one I knew the details of and told the agent so.

The seller got the jitters and suddenly accepted the existing offer well ahead of their own specified deadline and it was too late for me. A case of taking the money and running.

I was not happy as I've been looking a long time, and house was a closer match that anything I'd seen for ages. If I'd bought it I wouldn't have paid a bargain price but I wouldn't have paid a ludicrous price like at the peak of the boom either.

Unfortunately, exactly as I expected, there now isnt much for sake in that area at the moment, and whatever is available isn't ideal.

2. Biggbird

Biggbird Well-Known Member

That sucks and commiserations for missing out on this one. Another one will come with time, and hopefully cheaper by the time it comes around too!

Brickbybrick likes this.
  3. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Will be buying small developments as current ones get close to completion. Keeping an eye on the market but people still need places to live . Important to buy in areas with strong rental demand as plan B.

MTR likes this.
  4. db9

db9 Well-Known Member

That’s really frustrating! I don’t see the benefit of advertising a house for sale in that way - it just confuses everyone. If a seller gets an offer before the date that matches the $ figure they are after then it makes sense they accept though.

5. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

So how much did you end up bought the place for?

6. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

hmmm,

I am still on spree. Bought two lots in last 6 months and again in VIC. Both from buyers who booked in Jan and March 2018 respectively.

One lot at 170k which was valued at 210k and another at 210k which was valued at 255k. There is no way anyone else could have bought at a lower price than this. Both properties in range of 460k and 410k have 90k to 100k worth meat in them.

@Mumbai , what areas you looking at? I am still seeing some bargains off and on. :)

Can settle and borrow comfortably, have some emergency funds as well and job is still there with no impact to existing tenancies.

Still a bit scared. I have got my hands full atm. Let's see how next couple of years go.

ellejay likes this.
  7. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Hey Ashish, I am looking for a ppor in south east and northern suburbs within 15-25 km.
    I do have equity cashed out waiting for the right deal. I may start looking for investment property soon.

8. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

I am looking for an IP about $750k around Brisbane in this economic 'downturn' in the inner suburbs. I wonder what house I can get that is renovated and almost ready to let. I can see offerings in the market of 3/2/1 on about 400 sq m land, but would think I can get better.

Achievable?

9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I would think so. Any particular suburbs? That’s going to be the decider.

10. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Within 7-10 km of the CBD yes, Renovated within 5km less likely.

Francesco likes this.
  11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Francesco and Biggbird like this.
  12. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

standtall and Francesco like this.
  13. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

standtall likes this.
  14. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

12% below what I believe it would've gone for in February.

sumterrence likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.