Who has it right at the moment?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Serveman, 15th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Well right now, as I tidy up the backyard I have been listening to the various gurus as to what is going to happen in the next 6 months and upcoming years. The views are quite diverse ranging from full on gloom and doom to possible opportunities for a prosperous future narrative.
    About two Sunday’s ago I tuned into a webinar from Steve McKnight, and it was a very informative presentation but a very scary and sobering one. Did anyone else tune into this presentation. Since then I listened to Veronica Morgan with Shane Oliver, Michael Yardney with Andrew Wilson and Peter Switzer’s show, Margaret Lomas, Ben Kingsley, Bushy Martin with Pete Wargent and a few others to get a feel of the magnitude of the situation.
    Was wondering whether anyone else here has been tuning into these shows and what your views are of them or have you found something that you have listened to that you really recommend or concur or disagree with.

2. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

That's the trouble when you listen to so many advisors.
    So hard to figure out who is going to be right or wrong .
    Which one sounded the most convincing ?

MTR, ellejay, Hodge and 1 other person like this.
  3. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I’m not sure but I also listened to Phil Tarrant ( Smart Property Investment and Simon Presley to round it off. What I normally do is listen to the various view points and try and come to some conclusion, but would like to hear from what others think.

Last edited: 15th Apr, 2020
  4. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Probably more a lorenz distribution than a simple cone....

The Y-man

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have a mentor who I chat to regularly. And his advice basically didnt change to what he always tells me and i believe its sage. Its always what i have ended up doing and has never let me down so far. Its simple and you dont need to listen to every guru and his monkey lead you in a million directions.

1. Know that in the vast majoirty of times, the best opportunities (with least amount of risk) is generally when everyone and their dog only feels fear and loudly touts doom and gloom. Act counterintuitive to the masses.

2. Base your investment decisions around your own risk tolerances and be sure to have risk mitigation measures in place.

Last edited: 16th Apr, 2020
    MTR, wilso8948, TMNT and 3 others like this.
  7. Songo

Songo Well-Known Member

I'm a scientific researcher by profession, so its literally my job to conduct research and form conclusions. Sometimes I might read 50 research articles on a similar topic, and each one makes a slightly different conclusion. So which one is right or wrong, or the most convincing? The answer is none of them. I treat each individual study like a single piece of a larger puzzle. If I only read one study, well I've got virtually no clue what the bigger picture is. But after you read dozens or hundreds, then patterns start to emerge and it becomes easier to spot a piece that just doesn't belong. So IMO reading widely isn't a problem at all, but rather its useful and helps you to determine a better overall picture.

Serveman and MTR like this.