Who Has Inspired You?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Angel, 8th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Following from @TAJ 's thread about songs we identify with, I would like to ask who has inspired you to become the person you are today.

When I was in my formative years, I studied up on great women from History. In Queensland in the 70s I only had access to an Anglofied education - there was no google with its open borders to explore. The great women I learned about were Queen Elizabeth 1, who spent about four or five years imprisoned by her older sister Queen Mary under threat of execution before she became Queen of England and Ireland in 1558. Joan of Arc was a progressive young French girl who inspired her countrymen to fight the occupying English forces and put their French King Charles onto the throne before she was burned at the stake at the age of 19.

The third lady who has inspired me to become the person I am today is my Mother in Law. I met her when I was 16 and fighting the oppressive upbringing I lived under. Lorna and her family were everything my parents despised - a single mother living in poverty who raised five kids on her own, paid off her house while studying a university Masters degree at night and becoming an English and History teacher. She accomplished all this while being spat at in the street by the local do-gooders who considered divorced women to be evil. I thought Lorna and her daughter were the two most amazing people I had ever met at that time, and her eldest son was pretty spesh too.

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

1. Greta Gunthberg ( spelling? ) annoyingly correct
    2. Pacific Island warriors against climate change ( those two women at climate conference?) REAL PPL
    3. Pat Rafter, Grace and excellence

And of course, middle aged white men cos they know what's best.

3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

In more recent times, David Goggins.
    He’s the GOAT of physical and mental mastery.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia