Who amongst us have gone solar

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Stoffo, 29th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Who amongst us have gone solar

1. Nope, live in an apartment/strata/unit

10 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Thought about it, yet to decide

70 vote(s)
    50.7%
  3. Yes, I have paid for solar

38 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I have solar and am looking into batteries

18 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. I am completely off grid

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

It's a Tesla PW2

[​IMG]

The solar array is a 5KW system.

Barny likes this.
  2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Despite not having PV solar installed, although there are murmurings about it by other residents is being discussed, I find it a very fascinating area.

Fortunately, we're an inventive breed in may ways and explore in incremental stages if it's possible to improve on the current technology.

One simple example is the solar panels themselves. Not so long ago a 250 watt panel was it but now it appears to be 330 watt panels. Individually cost more but fewer needed to achieve the same output and bringing the overall price down. Probably even further improvements in the pipeline.

Another being an entrance atrium to a shopping centre constructed of clear PV panels. Not a great leap of imagination for these being available in the future for the windows of office buildings and homes.

Possibility of Sodium Sulfur batteries instead of lithium-ion ones. I understand NGK and probably others are exploring this aspect.

You never know the outcome of research, and that applies in every field. There will be many dead ends and disappointments I guess but unless research is conducted we'll never know. However it requires time and money. Those two aspects don't seem to sit well with short-term thinking of many plus the outcome could be quite disruptive.