Which view would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by JDP1, 10th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Which view would you prefer for CG

1. City view

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Sea view Or large water such as river view

29 vote(s)
    64.4%
  3. Mountain /Hills view

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Garden view

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Pool view

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

If you were buying an IP, which view would you think has the highest potential for CG for the IP?
    Obviously it costs more yo have a view, so if your view can have only ONE aspect, what would it be.?
    (irrespective of dwelling type).

2. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Quality Harbour/beach sea view is first, follow by a nice expansive park or garden view.
    [​IMG]
    But ideally all would be better ; )
    This one is close except the pool and and mountains... damn I missed my old view.... it was very nice indeed...

Gockie and The Falcon like this.
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Indeed...I don't have the 10 Mil bucks that such a view would would command :)

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Possibly @justine77 's tenant's neighbour's window :rolleyes: (byo earplugs).

Marg4000 and chylld like this.
  5. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member Business Member

anything with waterview, :)

6. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I think I know what you mean.
    Byo binoculars as well as earplugs...

7. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

If you live in a capital city, especially Sydney, a view of the city/harbour will be the most sought after. The closer you're in and the clearer the view and preferably facing west for sunsets will be the most valuable....think Point Piper

But important to note you are paying a premium to buy the view in the first place which might cancel out selling at a premium

Stoffo likes this.
  8. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Icon views are generally the most sought after - I've heard of overseas investors specifying they want the whole opera house in the view, not just part of it :eek:

Personally I would like a north facing harbour view, west facing is just too horrendously hot in the afternoons.

9. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Never view to a pool in a shared building. That just means noise. Beaches can be same and often come with terrible parking issues. Had a client who lived at Manly opp beach. They added a batmobile turntable just to get offstreet parking for 2 cars that didnt involve reversing. Cost a mint but paid its-self back many times over.

I have a client with almost the view above across harbour to Opera House. Maybe 200m to the left !! He kept his blinds down as the glare was too much for his home office on his monitors. And he faced south.

Waterfront and water views that cant be built out are highly sought after and the premium you pay also exponentially increases. I have a client at Wunalla Rd Point Piper. I recall one we talked $8-12m. Now would have to be $35-$50m. Not a single thought of selling. His pool 10yrs ago cost more than my house is now worth.

Have a few clients with City Apartments with commanding City / Harbour skyline views. Stunning. But their property values are also stunning and was the fitout cost. One spent $2m on a apartment interior. And a lot more for art......

It comes down to budget. Some people prefer privacy and seclusion out at Kenthurst/ Annagrove with a $9m pricetag for a stunning mansion....Check the old Criniti home in Glenhaven. It knocked me backwards before the reno's !! recently. We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph recently resold for $9m+

10. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

A water view is nice as theres always subtle movements, vs a static mountain/trees view.

Both better than my current view of facing another apartment.

11. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

Isn't it interesting that water views are unanimously loved by all. Clear evolutionary preference for access to water.

12. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

I'd say waterview/ waterfront
    for me though I prefer it to be a lake/ river over ocean as I think it's easier to enjoy the view without being blasted by wind/ salt spray and having to clean your windows twice a week
    not to mention increased maintenance from corrosion
    also a lake / river view normally incorporates a Bush view as well so it' best of both worlds

Angel likes this.
  13. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

Rising sea levels could result in your expensive property investment being underwater. Literally. A lot of Point Piper's finest are very low lying.

Point Piper.jpg

Good thing that Sydneysiders are getting into underwater houses... :D

14. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Imagine not doing your due dilligents and having that million dollar view built out:eek:
    Your investment value would plummet :oops:

15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Pretty much anywhere in Tasmania will have water views, even if they are of rivers and lakes. If you are really choosy you can also have snow-capped mountains at the same time. eg Huon Valley

16. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

in the right rooms/window/angle, the best view are the ones in front of you.

17. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Sometimes I like the reflection in the window :D

Not the best view, but having a view of anything decent is far better than being boxed in on 3 (or more) sides ;)

We estimated ours came at close to a $100k premium compared to comparables without, but that is river views and backing on to bush reserve.

Until I win Lotto and can afford to upgrade, this will suffice :(

Attached Files:

Gockie likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.