Travel & Holidays Which travel sim card?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by EN710, 15th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

I cannot recall sorry! I had my AU unlocked phone and went to a random cell retailer to see what they had to offer!

2. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

Get a SIMPATI cardf in Bali. 50,000rp maximum ($5) with 10,000 ($1) credit. Top it up with 20,000 ($2) and you can text or ring local or Australia for next to nothing.
    When you get they give you a different prefix code to ring Australia (do not use 0011) which is MUCH cheaper. Add the code they give you (0101761) before your Aussie number (same as the 0011). remember to omit the first 0 for mobiles. I rang Australia for 15 minutes and it didn't even cost $1. and it's handy for drivers etc. They won;'t ring an overseas card.
    just ring or text the people you want to have your number. If you have phone numbers in your contacts with the 0011 it will revert to that and not use the cheap code. Best $8 you'll ever spend. That lasts me a week.
    I Put my other phone on International roaming but turn the data off just for emergencies.

EN710 likes this.
  3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Woolies works well in Europe, Turkey, etc...have used it on my last few trips. Call are reasonable.

It is a call back service so it takes getting used to...

EN710 likes this.
  5. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Can't find Woolies roaming card I store, so I choose wifi + local number instead :) works very well. Local number $15 and free wifi from hotels. Spent most of my time with family, so never got many chance to get lost either :D

On a different note, Bali is different from how I experience it as a kid. I guess I have the means to actually enjoy it now :)
    The heat is a big killer though. Feeling sticky all day.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.