Which Title Insurer

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Chilliblue, 3rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a preference First Title or Stewart Title

2. Yuna Pham

Yuna Pham New Member

I have the same question but there's no answers for this

3. Yuna Pham

Yuna Pham New Member

Some ppl shared good experiences with having title insurance:
    https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2707300

User #26768 1341 posts, Veroxii, Whirlpool Enthusiast
    posted 2018-Feb-28, 11:34 am AEST

We have title insurance with Stewart Title. About 2 months after we moved in we got a huge bill from the council for unpaid rates. The actual outstanding values didn't match up with what was on the settlement contract.
    We called our conveyancer who was basically useless and in the end put in a claim to the title insurance. Explained the situation, submitted documents and was paid out within a week. No dramas at all.
    Just this one payout covered more than what the insurance cost originally, so can't complain.
    A lot of the other threads linked are about defects etc. That's not what Title Insurance covers. It's for when people screwed up the paperwork or approvals etc.

User #402411 17 posts, Aries898, Participant

posted 2018-Mar-1, 12:34 am AEST

Surprised to see all the responses are negative.
    I bought an apartment so saw absolutely no use when I bought, but a colleague of mine bought it when purchasing 12 months ago. it wasnt until later they discovered their neighbours fence was a couple of meters into their property. The insurance paid for all fencing changes and did all the heavy handling with the neighbours. They had the option of simply recieving a payout but went for the land.