Which suburb to pick for investment BNE

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kim, 4th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kim

Kim Member

Hey everyone,

Wondering which suburb in Brisbane you would choose as an investment property? I am looking at 2 bedroom townhouses/units to rent out.

I've narrowed down my search to Tagium, Redcliffe or Logan. They all seem to be good choices but I'm not sure which to pick.

Thanks in advance
    Kim

2. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

If I was looking at a unit i'm not sure I would be buying in any of these places.

3. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi Kim

What are your reasons for going for a townhouse and unit?

What are your reasons for narrowing down to the suburbs you mentioned?

In terms of choosing what suburb - wherever there is existing or upcoming infrastructure, what is going for that area?

4. Juwson

Juwson New Member

Hi Kim
    Last month I bought a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom 600m house in need of a good lick of paint for 550k in Wavell Heights.
    The areas you mention are a bit further out from the cbd. I would prefer to buy a house with plenty of land in those areas. Also Brisbane has, right now, a massive over supply of 2 bedroom apartments. They are a dime a dozen.
    If price is making you go down this route I would find a way to get some more funds. You will increase your likelihood of making good returns significantly.
    Either way, best of luck!

Whitecat and HUGH72 like this.
  5. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Are you buying units for a low price point? For Logan in particular if your patient and know where to look you can pick up a house for not too much more than a unit or townhouse. o_O

Keep in mind strata fee's (and possible special levies) in your yield calculations.

Property Twins and Whitecat like this.