Which Property Development software???

Discussion in 'Development' started by Jimbo1982, 14th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jimbo1982

Jimbo1982 New Member

Hi Guys,
    I am looking at investing in some property development software (devfeas is currently top of the list).
    Before I take the plunge and part with the cash, does anyone have any guidance / recommendations on a good system? It needs to be sophisticated enough to assist with my own development feasibility studies and issue reports of sufficient quality to present to financiers. Also, I am no IT guru, so the simpler to use the better.
    Thanks in advance!

2. James Stevenson

James Stevenson New Member

It depends on what type of developments you're doing. If you've barely used excel, you can always go with the stock standard estate master for feasibilities - financiers are used to seeing it. However, most property deals require some sort of customisation to suit the development you're doing and most good developers use their own Excel models that they supply to the banks / financiers. It's VERY important you look professional to financiers and are able to report well - it may go a long way when dealing at the margins.

Feasibility is only one small part. You'll need to report on your selling and general progress as well as actually manage and deliver your project. I'd recommend Property Shell - it'll manage your entire project for you, automate all of your reporting, make you look good and most importantly help you to actually deliver on your project. Their support team does all of the set up for you so it's a piece of cake. If you're developing less than 15 or so lots, I'd recommend just doing it in Excel. Anything more, definitely use software.

3. Hamish Blair

Hamish Blair Well-Known Member