Which professional do you speak to about value adding to your PPOR???

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Nic_oh, 20th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nic_oh

Nic_oh New Member

Hey there,

My Fiance and I are working out what to do with our current PPOR and are in the process now of getting a retaining wall mended. From there our next steps were going to be to get our single carport torn down, a double erected in its place along with "hour glassing" the driveway to the double size. The idea we have committed to so we can create some curb appeal.

Our house is a low set brick home that was built in the 70's that is a complete original fit out down to the water heater system that is still inside, brown oven and nasty pink bench top with 3 different types of tiles + carpet if you want to see more check it out - 40 Gordon Road, Ferny Hills, Qld 4055 - View Sold History & Research Property Values - realestate.com.au.

I am seeking some obligation free consultation to find the most effective value adding to the property as my fiance and I want to manufacture equity to spring board off of into our next investment property.

Has anyone else without a trade background been in the position before?

Additionally I have heard that there is some way of getting renovations valued before they are even started in order to get finance from the bank to pay for the reno and build equity, is this a thing or wishful thinking? (trying to be a time savvy as possible).

Any recommendations would be appreciated and look forward to hearing anyone else's stories.

Cheers,

Nic

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

A valuer.

If you have contracts to complete works these can be used in determining valuations too.

Nic_oh likes this.