Which Markets will HURT and which will WIN in 2020?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by BuyersAgent, 23rd Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

I started musing on this subject in my recent BLOG POST and then saw some comments here about investors chasing high yield / low price point property in the current environment.

I am mostly curious as to people's thoughts about which markets will do better than others comparatively, not trying to predict boom or bust but where do you think the safer buying choices are this year?

Or to flip that - which markets do you think will hurt the most / least in the economy of shut-downs and international travel bans?

2. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

In previous crisis I would say investor concentrate suburbs will get hit the most becuase those suburbs are usually less desirable and people tends to dump them fairly quickly to kvoe their money into more desirable properties. This time around I'm suspecting owner occupied areas might get hit harder due to people reducing their income or even losing thier job and starting to default.

While investor concentrate areas will also suffer but at least majority of the tenants in undesirable areas are already on centrelink so you still maintain a consistent cash flow.

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Generally, the high end market suffers first , whilst the entry level stays up,

if entry level has been hit, chances are high end has already suffered or even more