NSW Which location is better?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Adam2019, 25th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Adam2019

Adam2019 Member

Dear Members,

I was wondering is it better to buy say around the Hills Area (around 30 something KMs from the Sydney CBD) with some infrastructure developments going on VS a closer 11 KMs to Sydney CBD suburb which is just a general suburb with not much planned by the government/big businesses?

Many thanks for your contribution.

Regards,
    Adam

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Define ‘better’ please.
    Better for CG? Better for rental yield? Better for liveability? Better for future development? and so on.

Property Twins likes this.
  3. Adam2019

Adam2019 Member

Hi Property Unity,

Better as in capital growth.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Adam

4. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Hi Adam,

There's not much to go on there, but generally the 11kms from they city option would be more stable, and probably appeal to more people. As close as possible to the CBD is generally speaking a winning strategy.

The more specific you can be though, the more the other participants can provide better guidance.

Cheers,
    John

AlbertWT and Propertunity like this.
  5. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

It’s Propertunity a concatenation of ‘property’ and ‘opportunity’. If I had my time over, I might have called it something different because about 50% of people do what you did. :)

On the CG front I’d be in general agreement with @John_BridgeToBricks bearing in mind that there will always be exceptions.

6. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Closer to capital cities is popular only because of the drivers that exist in abundance on density in effect - proximity to cities usually indicates more people and therefore the probability of those drivers being varied, continual and abundant. it's almost like volume trading on a stock. It's hard to get movement without any.

It's not proximity that drives markets - the mining boom in the Pilbarra markets proved that - but unless you have significant underpinning drivers that are also sustainable, the market won't be stable, also as evidenced in the Pilbarra.

People generally like closer to the city because based on the above, it removes an element of risk to uphold growth over medium to long time frames. However don't be suckered into the fact that it's a fail safe solution or the be all and end all of the best growth tactic. There are many outer lying areas from capital cities that can and do perform as well if not better than closer in.

- Andrew

AlbertWT likes this.