Which lighting option would you choose for front door area with deck and pergola?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by transit, 14th Dec, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Which lighting option would you choose for front door area with deck and pergola?

1. A: 2x long (2.8m) LED strip lights attached underneath on the left and right side pergola beams

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. B: 1x short (1.7m) LED strip light above front door attached underneath the first pergola beam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. transit

transit Well-Known Member

I still have the old motion activated spotlight in the middle (circled in blue) which has a switch for it inside. I will remove this light fitting and run the wire across to the right hand corner, down the wall behind the pot plant and under the deck.

I want to do a LED strip light under the deck and also above, attached to the pergola. The LED strips I use will be a fixed colour of 4000k (not RGB or adjustable).

Would you go with option A or B (green lines for LED strips)?
    Do you think it's overkill to go with option A and will produce too much light?
    Any other creative lighting options I could do?

I'll likely put in a motion sensor where the red dot is so they go on automatically when you approach the front door at night.

A: 2x long (2.8m) LED strip lights attached underneath on the left and right side of both pergola beams

B: 1x short (1.7m) LED strip lights above front door attached underneath the first pergola beam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Option A for the win

3. Zeph

Zeph Member

Option A. Like it bright.