which is preferred from PM perspective: FIXED/Periodic

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by TMNT, 28th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

In a nutshell, yes.

Every system is different, but typically you just need to enter dates and it will spit out all the properties within those dates that need inspections, routines, tenants vacating etc.

The manager is the one that needs to group inspections together and most systems don't prepare the actual lease - which means the manager or their assistant is the one drawing up the leases, but the system is effectively reminding them.

2. Janine Colman

Janine Colman Member

Fixed all the way - I would certainly never want to be in the position that 4 weeks before Christmas my tenants gives me 2 weeks notice.......... and if I every need them out I have to get them 2 months notice.

Protect the client(landlord) at all costs, if you have a tenant that wont sign a lease renewal you need to start figuring out why.

We don't charge lease renewal fee's, there are two schools of thought about how much it increases your profitability as a business but the for the client charging 1/2 weeks rent to send a letter and make a few phone calls - seems a little "not cool man"

Have a management fee that you are happy with and DONT CHARGE EXTRA's

3. charlie01

charlie01 Well-Known Member

In theory it's true, but I've noticed some PMs act in the best interests of the tenants, expecially when the REs want to sell properties to the tenants.

4. 733

733 Well-Known Member

That sounds like a conflict of interest scenario...but a scenario that crops up and needs to be managed

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.