which books explain the basics of property investing to motivate a novice

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by justine77, 2nd Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

which books explain the basics of property investing to motivate a novice

15 years ago and since i read
    the 7 steps to ealth by john l fitzgerald and found that simple and good

i read jan somers 3 books i thik 2 were better than the third
    and i like how one showed people just buying boats travelling then panicking at retirement
    unlike her who bought second hand stuff and put her money into property and after 10 or so years could afford to do whatever they wanted
    they kept an old second hand pink couch i think to remind them of how they got there

how to pay off your mortgage in a5 years by someone who did it in a3 was great.
    i met anita bell
    she started buying property as a teen working part time at a supermarket
    and by age 23 she had paid off 5 properties one at a time and never had to work
    but she was very strict with her budget
    if she ran out of toilet paper she wouldnt go out and buy toilet paper

people talk about rich dad poor dad but somehow i never took to that book but i beleive it talks about the power of compounding interest i think

what other books are easy to read and pus the point of putting in 10 years where you care ab out needs roof food bills not want not presents outings beauty treatments luxuries but then you can afford whatever you wat and be rent and mortage free and b uy a second or third property for security and income

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Using some punctuation might be a good idea.

skater likes this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You have read most of what you need to read...when are you going to put it to practice...

Ash likes this.
  4. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

Its not for me its for one of my children that i'm asking if you know of books that explain the basics simply
    do you know of any books pls

5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I think the Margaret Lomas books are really simple to understand and they are good. She has a few but property success and the positive cashflow property ones are good. You can pick them up cheap online 2nd hand or buy direct from the destiny website.

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Richest Man in Babylon is good for someone just starting out and learning how to save.

Sackie and John_BridgeToBricks like this.
  7. MSS87

MSS87 Active Member

“Rich Dad, poor Dad” was the first book about investing I read when I was 17.

8. Cousinit

Cousinit Well-Known Member

You can get them for free also by asking a question on her TV show.

9. Cousinit

That's right. You change your life by the actions you take not the books you read. Great to read though.

10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Agree, but sometimes you need to read the books first in order to take action. Leave it too long & you're faced with analysis paralysis.

11. Cousinit

I have a lot of books on property and personal finance generally. It is hard to retain information by reading I find. I think most people only retain about 10% of what they read. Nothing beats getting out there and doing the real thing or at least simulating it.

skater and Todd like this.
  12. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Totally agree! I read all the books on investing and renovating. But only really learnt from buying and doing some renovations myself. I used a bit out of the books when buying (particularly Margaret Lomas) just to make sure i didn't make mistakes that could have really hurt - but apart from that you need to get out there and do it - talk to agents, brokers, PMs, accountants and buy a couple. With renovating you learn as you go and a bit of youtube can help a lot.