QLD which block of land would be better to buy?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Matt-B, 5th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Matt-B

Matt-B Member

land.PNG These newly released land are located in Fig Tree Pocket, QLD. we are thinking of buying a block and make a house, but we are not sure which one would be the best. lot 17 is big, but is located at the back of lot 18. can have more privacy , but now sure it would be good choice due to its location. Lot 18 has good frontage, but it is not a big block. what is your recommendation?

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

First what does the contract say about whose responsibility is it to maintain the driveway past Lot 18 to reach Lot 17? Lot 17 & 18? or Lot 17 or ?

Also where does the sewer line run? What easements are on each Lot?

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The culdesac end couldbe a pain for Lots 19, 18, 17 and the existing residence beside lot 16. People will park on it and on the shoulder and it may drive you nuts. There is always that neighbour with the boat or trailer that thinks its their parking spot when its your access. (lot 18 will think they can park out front in the middle as it doesnt affect anyone)

Whats with Lot 19 ?? I refer to how it has a narrow access behind many lots (20-24)

If lot 19 is so large - What is planned ? Unusual to have 450m2 lots and throw in one 2000m2 lot in middle. Its not a council or water pumping / sewerage or other facility ? No driveway, no footpath ?

4. Matt-B

Matt-B Member

I haven't seen anything on paper yet, but the sale executive manager advised me that that drive way is part of lot 17 land.
    No idea yet about sewer line and I don't believe there would be any easement, but I will ask.

5. Matt-B

Matt-B Member

Lot 19 is not that great to be honest ! all lot 20-24 are on slop land at the moment, but they all will be flat after a huge bulk earthwork, and I think at the back of each block there would be a retaining wall which practically are on land 19 !!!

6. Propertunity

OK so make sure if you go for Lot 17 that it will be concrete and strong enough to handle the weight of a full of furniture removal van without cracking.

7. Matt-B

Matt-B Member

just for investment sake, which lot would be better? a lot in front like 18? or a lot at the back like lot 17?

8. Propertunity

It somewhat depends on the position of sewer lines and services to an extent. For example if the sewer line runs diagonally through the backyard of a lot, that prevents a swimming pool or a secondary dwelling being constructed without a lot of additional expense.

That aside, battle-axe blocks usually sell for less than street frontage blocks.

9. Matt-B

Matt-B Member

this is the earthwork file that I received for the property, which answers all the questions. It is really important for me to select the right block !

Attached Files:

10. Coxy89

Coxy89 Well-Known Member

I cant see new proposed services on those plans. Id say there will be a few more plans that very clearly show the proposed sewer and stormwater runs aswell as the other new services to each block.

11. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or Lot 9 seems to be the best one. :D

Regards

Propertunity likes this.
  12. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Just be careful with noise in that location. Very close to the Centenary hwy I believe.

13. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Why the fascination with land and building?

Propertunity likes this.
  14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I like lot 19 Looks like it adjoins some crown land. This more or less extends your land You could grow some exotic vegetation out there. If you wanted to. Maybe some herbs.

15. Matt-B

Matt-B Member

That is my concern too. the prices for the area are very good, but it is very closed to Centenery hwy. I checked the location this afternoon and it was noisy for me. (not very bad) that is why we selected lot 17 as it is most far land to the hwy and we think building more houses on other blocks makes the noise better.There are two proposed sleeper retaining wall style to match acoustic fence panel ( disconnected blue line ). not sure how helpful they can be!

16. Matt-B

Matt-B Member

what I uploaded is the best they could share with us at this stage as disclosure plans haven't been finalised yet.

17. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Lot 7, but only on the land area,and depending on the location that would be the important factor the location..

18. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm
    What comes to your mind on exotic vegetation. :D:D

Care to share?

datto likes this.
  19. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Ooh I don't know. Something fast growing with low maintenance. Something you can water late in the evening. I'm picturing a hose with a good nozzle which enables one to water the vegetation without setting a foot off the property.

20. Propertunity

Purely medicinal........ahem.

datto likes this.