WhereGroup?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by noeliboy, 30th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. noeliboy

noeliboy New Member

Did a search on all forums for some info about the Wheregroup/Todd Hunter.
    Can anybody enlighten me?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Ex-lead singer of Dragon?

datto likes this.
  3. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Hi @noeliboy I was looking for a buyers agent for assisting to buy investment property in QLD.

So according to his $49 report the best location to buy for long term capital gain is quite shocking but does make sense because the shopping centre gentrification and Disneyland will be opened there.

Upper Coomera and Ormeau that's it I've spend some times consulting with him and then at the end of the day I still need to pay some small fee to know his secret location that was early this year.

He is now preparing some additional secret suburb reports but still I have to pay for another few to know the secret suburb next year.

What about you mate ?
    Have you engaged with him or still looking for some info.

4. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Marc Hunter was lead singer, Todd Hunter was the bass player. :)

craigc, Scott No Mates and S.T like this.
  5. CosmicTrevor

CosmicTrevor Well-Known Member

Secret suburbs - lol

House and Tekoz like this.
  6. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

I've done quite a bit of work with Todd (in the media anyway). I have not invested through him, but haven't used anyone to date as I'm not quite there yet.
    As a person and knowing his business practices - I think he's a great, down-to-earth person with rock solid ethics (from what I know). But I don't know specifically where he is investing these days and the performance of his past choices.
    I do know that he is happy to be an open book - ask him to speak to his past clients, ask him about where he bought and when, his own portfolio etc and I'm sure he will be more than happy to answer.

I know the strategy in the past was often buy in cheaper areas close to CBDs (e.g. Ipswich, Qld was a big one he has invested in), do them up with a quick reno, rent them out and await the capital gains.

Redwing and Tekoz like this.
  7. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Here's what he predicts:

[​IMG]
    As you can see both of the suburbs is now on upward swing, so it is the right time to buy.

@noeliboy there you go mate, save you from buying $49 secret suburb reports and also the graph was taken today 14/12/2015 from the $49 weekly subscription website.

Let us know how your success investing in either those two suburbs.

8. HapppyChat

HapppyChat Well-Known Member

I have invested with Todd. In Upper Coomera in June 2014. He buys in areas that have under performed for around 5 years but have signs of an upswing. For me he and his group have been ethical and very helpful. He negotiates hard, he bought a 4x2 for us for $348k, renting at $425. Here we are two years later and the median is $437k.

I've bought a dozen properties myself but living in NSW now I didn't want to buy myself in QLD. They offer good follow up service and manage the manager for you as well.

I'm buying with him again next month. Another 4x2 bought for $370k, renting for $380 in a suburb with a median of $453k. So I'm a happy customer. I don't expect either suburb to be stella performers long term, but the trade off is strong yield, low maintenance, good depreciation, bought well and decent growth in the 3 to 5 year timeframe.

9. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

@noeliboy I have had a few clients who said they had previously checked him out, so the following comments are from them not my claims or making positive or negative comment. I have heard No horror stories of rip offs or no service. But they said it was "his way or the highway" regarding location that turned them off. So if you want to suggest your own locations I think you will hit resistance. If you just want him to tell you what to buy and where perhaps its a fit.

Tekoz likes this.
  10. S1mon

S1mon Well-Known Member

yeh i think he targets a state/ area chosen by himself, as opposed to clients engaging him to buy in a specific location. if i recall correctly he is (or recently was at least) targeting Canberra, dunno where exactly though

Tekoz and Jennifer Duke like this.
  11. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    and Perth..... he likes to get in on the ground floor, before the herd.

I also like Perth...especially if you are willing to take a 5+ year view...

B-Mac likes this.
  12. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Must've been Harrison.

13. Patamea

Patamea Well-Known Member

Tekoz likes this.
  14. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

keep in mind too that the horror stories re Detroit are based on the inner Detroit council/municipality. city of Detroit outside this area has actually long been a stable and from memory more affluent area than the American average. think of it as Brisbane city Council vs Brisbane the capital of queensland

15. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@sanj have you bought one there ?

16. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Agree on the first part. The inner areas of detroit means you will need an ak-47 under your pillow. The further out aubutbs of detroit are old money- mostly from decades of car money. Quite leafy green amd gentrified outer suburbs.
    Just the opposite of BCC. Bcc is safe and gentrified mostly( and this is reflected in bcc prices) , unlike the inner detroit.

17. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Jesus it wasn't a direct comparison, it was an example of how an entire city can sometimes be lumped into discussions when people are just referring to a particular section

eg there is an affluent area cinsisting of a few suburbs that starts 6km from downtown detroit but has $110k household income vs 24k in Detroit.

Tekoz likes this.
  18. Andrew H

Andrew H Well-Known Member

how do they charge if you dont mind me asking? interested in using them also

Nate18 likes this.
  19. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Love this forum, even Jesus is a member

[​IMG]

Tekoz likes this.
  20. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member